Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

namida

Using wind data with Flight plan

Hello. I'm using FSX and noticed ASE only supports pure FSX flight plan.But including me, many simmers are using valid Navdata for flights. So, how could I get wind data using these current navdata?For example, there is a VOR station named ABC in FSX, but changed XYZ currently.Does ASE can see XYZ in spite of it does not belongs to FSX? There seems many programs making routes but.. how can I convert them to be recognized by ASE?Also how can I convert again into it's original add-on type of rte data? Sorry for my poor English..But I need some help to use wind aloft data for my flight. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.Should I use 3rd party route program? Then please let me know which one is FULLY compatable with ASE

Peter Chang

Hello. I'm using FSX and noticed ASE only supports pure FSX flight plan.But including me, many simmers are using valid Navdata for flights. So, how could I get wind data using these current navdata?For example, there is a VOR station named ABC in FSX, but changed XYZ currently.Does ASE can see XYZ in spite of it does not belongs to FSX? There seems many programs making routes but.. how can I convert them to be recognized by ASE?Also how can I convert again into it's original add-on type of rte data? Sorry for my poor English..But I need some help to use wind aloft data for my flight. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.Should I use 3rd party route program? Then please let me know which one is FULLY compatable with ASE
FSBuild is my choice - it uses winds from ASE, generates flight plans in many formats, uses NATS, PATS, STARS, and SIDS, and uses the Navigraph AIRACS as of FSBuild 2.4. I've used it for years and found it very satisfactory in FS9 and FSX. DJ

Thank you DJ, sounds great. I searched it for usage, as I fly with PMDG 737NGX, should I use both average wind data in ASE Briefing page andinput wind data from FS Build on LEGS page? Or Could I leave CRZ WIND at PERF page blank when I entered wind data on LEGS page?

Peter Chang

Thank you DJ, sounds great. I searched it for usage, as I fly with PMDG 737NGX, should I use both average wind data in ASE Briefing page andinput wind data from FS Build on LEGS page? Or Could I leave CRZ WIND at PERF page blank when I entered wind data on LEGS page?
My own philosopy is to give the computer all the data you have - the PERF page is used to build your initial performance profiles and PROG data, Data on the LEGS pages helps build your VNAV profiles and estimates... the more you give it, the better it will do for you. In addition, as you fly you will find that forecast data rarely is an exact match for what you are encountering along your flightpath so you may find that you should revise waypoint estimates base on what you are actually encountering... DJ

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,960.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now