Sign in to follow this  
Starrfoxx

Why does Vox not read the entire name of some airports?

One thing that I really love about Vox (and default ATC) is being able to hear the name of the airport (even small ones). I've noticed a couple of airports where Vox does not read the entire name, though. For example:* Detroit Metro (KDTW) refers to itself as "metro"* Grand Canyon National Park Airport refers to itself as "canyon"So when calling ATC, I'll have to refer to them as "Metro Ground" or "Canyon Ground'.Is there a reason why this is happening, and can this be fixed so Vox reads it correctly?

I used Airport Design Editor (ADE) to look up the BGL's. Grand Canyon is KGCN. On both of the above examples, a name correction could be done so that it would read: Grand Canyon National Park instead of Grand Canyon Natl ParkDetroit Metro Wayne County instead of Detroit Metro Wayne Co That still doesn't help with the Vox controllers trumping the name to "Canyon" or "Metro", unless it's supposed to do that.