Sign in to follow this  
aeolus

Throttle cut during climb...

Having a problem with the throttles cutting back to idle right after take off -yikes!! Specifically, right when I call for for "set climb thrust", or "set flaps up speed". This happens with both of the departure profiles. I don't have this problem if I use the iFly aircraft without using FS2Crew. I have uninstalled and re-installed FS2Crew, but the problem remains. I'm using FS9 as well as a CH yoke, pedals, and throttle quad, all calibrated w/FSUIPC. I should add that this problem has only occurred during the last 4 or 5 flights I have made using the Ifly 737NG and the FS2Crew button addition, this didn't happen at first. I'm running Windows 7(64bit) w/UAC turned off. I have installed all add-ons w/o having any antivirus or firewall software operating. This is my first FS2Crew purchase and It really adds to the immersion factor of the sim. I would love to have it runing normally again as flights with out it are just not the same. Ideas? Regards, Robert

Bryan, The FMC is programmed correctly, and no change in procedures (been following those in the FS2Crew Manual).One thing different in my setup is that I had to re-calibrate my yoke recently as it had started pulling left all of a sudden for some reason on all aircraft. Re-calibrating it in FSUIPC solved this, however. One odd thing that's going on, is now the A/T disengage light will flash amber intermittently on take off roll and initial climb (not a steady flash). At this point, I have the speed on the MCP set at V2.My gut feeling is that something is going on with my CH hardware and FSUIPC. I will probably uninstall and re-install the CH hardware (i don't use their software) and do the same with FSUIPC (i just checked that I'm using the most current version), re-calibrate and check. Any thoughts before I do this? Thanks, -Robert

Hi Robert, No real thoughts, other than you may want to ask the iFly support forum. I believe the A/T flash means the speed is +10/-5 knots away from the commanded speed and not trending toward the commanded speed. Maybe that will illuminate something on your end. Best,

Bryan- I tried another test flight and everything went well, no amber flashing A/T indicator as I was able to peg V2+10. The "cruse climb" and "Flaps up speed" commands went fine as well. It was when I commanded VNAV that I got a throttle cut. I paused the sim and took a look at what was going on. I firewall the CH throttles after I hit TOGA, so that shouldn't be a problem. Everything seemed as it should, the values on the CLB page on the CDU where what they should be (250/10000), and the MCP looked fine. I did get a FMC message saying "Thrust Required". I un-paused the sim and called CMD A and the throttles responded, going to the N1 setting. Strange stuff. I don't know what to do other than re-installing the iFly aircraft and FS2Crew. I'll post this in the Ifly forum as well.... -Robert