Sign in to follow this  
ran056

how to assign joystick buttons to the NGX

Hi Noel, I have the dummies guide already it is most useful, can you give more of a step by step insruction on how you have set up your direct x assignments, sorry to be so pedantic but the CHM is very new to me. Phil

Hi Noel, I have the dummies guide already it is most useful, can you give more of a step by step insruction on how you have set up your direct x assignments, sorry to be so pedantic but the CHM is very new to me. Phil
Hi Phil - I'm at work at the moment but I'll take some screenshots later and post them. Cheers

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

....can you give more of a step by step insruction on how you have set up your direct x assignments....
Hi Phil Since I already have a saved profile for the NGX, I click the 'open' button (folder icon) and select that map. In order to assign a DirectX function to a particlar button, in this case the red button with the arrow pointing to it...push that button. That way CH Manager knows which item you want to edit. With the "DX Mode" check box checked... Select the "DirectX Device" - in this case "CM Device 1"... Then select the DirectX Control - in this case, "Button 2". In EZdok, you have to enable the controller or joystick. Then, with the view you want to assign a button to highlighted on the left,click in the Joystick field in the upper right, and push the desire button. Note that I also have the key command "N" assigned to the same view. My Logitechgaming mouse has the letter "N" assigned to one of its buttons. I mentioned previously'sharing' several views between my joysticks and the mouse for convenience. I had to play with EZdok and CH Manager a while before I got used to them. Hope this helps.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Hi Noel,I have followed your insructions but when I get to the step below my button i'm depressing doesn't register into the EZdok box, nothing happens................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ In EZdok, you have to enable the controller or joystick. post-156502-0-79583400-1318838163.jpg Then, with the view you want to assign a button to highlighted on the left,click in the Joystick field in the upper right, and push the desire button. Note that I also have the key command "N" assigned to the same view. My Logitechgaming mouse has the letter "N" assigned to one of its buttons. I mentioned previously'sharing' several views between my joysticks and the mouse for convenience................................................................................................................................................................................. I have Widows7 64bit with all my FS software intalled into the root of C: so thay all communicate with each other. The CHM software hasn't got an option that I could see to install it anywhere else but into Program files (86) which in my early days with Win7 and FS I found causes problems. Could this be the case here? If so it explains why I am not making any progress. CHM is connecting to FSX ok but seemingly not with EZdok. What do you think? Phil

I have followed your insructions but when I get to the step below my button i'm depressing doesn't register into the EZdok box, nothing happens................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ In EZdok, you have to enable the controller or joystick. post-156502-0-79583400-1318838163.jpg Then, with the view you want to assign a button to highlighted on the left,click in the Joystick field in the upper right, and push the desire button. Note that I also have the key command "N" assigned to the same view. My Logitechgaming mouse has the letter "N" assigned to one of its buttons. I mentioned previously'sharing' several views between my joysticks and the mouse for convenience................................................................................................................................................................................. I have Widows7 64bit with all my FS software intalled into the root of C: so thay all communicate with each other. The CHM software hasn't got an option that I could see to install it anywhere else but into Program files (86) which in my early days with Win7 and FS I found causes problems. Could this be the case here? If so it explains why I am not making any progress. CHM is connecting to FSX ok but seemingly not with EZdok. What do you think? Phil
Hi Phil That graphic and the text below it in your post don't go together. The text goes with the graphic below it in the original posting (not shown in your excerpt). With the graphic shown, a person would click on the drop down arrow, and select their controller. What happens when you open that 'combo box' - your controller is not shown? Once EZdok recognizes the controller, you can assign individual buttons to camera views. I don't believe the location of the CH Manager has any bearing on this. You're welcome to PM me; perhaps we can figure out another way to attack this.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

Hi Noel, Sorry for the confusion. The instruction below:- <<<<Then, with the view you want to assign a button to highlighted on the left,click in the Joystick field in the upper right, and push the desire button.>>> When I have the "configure joysticks window" open in EZdok I have "CH Control Manager Device 1" showing in the J1 dropdown window I have my view highlighted on the EZdok studio window then I click in the joystick field in the upper right I follow all that no problem, BUT when I press the deired button it should display which button has been depressed in the joystick field on the upper right, but it doesn't nothing happens. the button press isn't registering in EZdok, no matter what I do in any mode I can't get a button press to register in any of the fields at all. Have you got what I mean? We can take this off line if you think you can help me probably the best thing really as it is the `NGX forum after all lol. Phil