Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi,I am having a small problem with winds when on approach, the wind seems to change from aloft to arrival airport surface at about 2500ft. This is causing the aircraft to then go off the LOC and then the aircraft has to battle to get back onto a stable approach, this wouldn't be a problem but because we are only 2500ft up and a few nm from touchdown its not the best. I was wondering if this could be changed somehow so that the aloft to surface changes at say 5,000ft rather than 2,500ft. This will then able the aircraft to become a bit more stable.Also I have noticed, that weather is always slightly different to the airport weather, the weather is updated from VATSIM but say VATSIM gives 170/06 9999 F019 15/09 1006 - When I listen to ATIS the weather given is 175/07 9999 f020 16/10 1007. Is there any reason for this?(I have Active Sky 6.5)CheersRob

Hi Rob,Your aloft wind should be following correctly at each altitude level i.e. 3000, 6000, 9000. Is this not the case? When descending to an airport at sea level, for example, at approximately 4500ft you should be getting the 3000ft winds and then below 2500 the surface winds. Depending on your options, i.e. FSUIPC wind smoothing control, this will smooth between "targets". If this is not operating correctly as described please check ASv6 and FSUIPC options, i.e. ASv6 defaults and FSUIPC wx settings off to ensure no conflicts.If you'd like to force the destination wind further out you can use the "Extended Destination Wind Force" option, which may be what you are seeking. Does this help?