Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrKen

SSD's and TRIM, how often?

So I have an apple SSD in my pc scavenged from a previous mbp upgrade and I'm pretty sure it doesn't support autotrim. (I'm suspecting apple's version of the firmware would be osx-specific)Earlier today I discovered that o&o defrag allows me to schedule TRIM commands to that SSD. How often would you guys recommend I set it to do that? Weekly? Monthly?Win7 is on a conventional hd & the SSD will be used only for fsx+addons, so there won't be much going on besides the occasional addon install/version upgrade.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Only after you delete a significant amount of data on the SSD, so the SSD can recycle those no-longer-used pages.Since you mention O&O Defrag, you do know there's no need to defrag SSD's...Cheers,- jahman.

Only after you delete a significant amount of data on the SSD, so the SSD can recycle those no-longer-used pages.Since you mention O&O Defrag, you do know there's no need to defrag SSD's...Cheers,- jahman.
Yeah, I'm aware that SSD's shouldn't be defragged. I use it for my os drive & just noticed the trim option.