Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Weather changes way to rapidly sometimes

I know this has been beaten like a banshee but I feel like I need to address a certain aspect that has been giving me lots of grief and I do not know how to fix it. As an example I was flying over Florida in the 737 ngx and it was broken tops at 15,000. Then, all of a sudden I encounter severe turbulence. Ok fine, so I turned on the seat belt sign. But then, all of a sudden thunderstorm clouds slowly materialize out of thin air and in a matter of seconds I am enveloped in T-storms! Then, as quickly as the materialized, they went away and it was back to broken tops at onefifethou! I am using DWC. I think at first that changing this to Standard might be the way to go, but this is what confuses me. I do not believe that this was the case of a metar updating to T-storm and then updating to no T-storm. I think it was close proximity metars where one station was reporting and the other was not that I flew over. This led to the instant radical change and change back. This is very undesirable and something I miss in FS9 and ASV6.5 where I could see the T-storms miles away and divert around them. Yea I got cloud pops then and I know ASE does the popping in slow mo which is not noticeable unless clouds grow from 14,000 to 40,000 feet in 15 seconds as was the case today.Can anyone help me with the key setting(s) to eliminate this so I can see the weather coming like with fs9 and asv6.5. I am thinking selecting Standard but this is hard to test w/o getting all wrapped up in a long flight somewhere only to find out that things suck worse or that was not the selection to make. I have read much on this and the entire manual and still no joy.Thanks

Hi,Can you spell out some settings you have with ASE? (dynamic rate of change, additional wx, DWC, force destination wx, etc...). Without it will be like guessing from crystal ball.

Tom Link

With DWC, if you have tstorms reported at one station and something more "fair" at another adjacent station, the conditions will change (slowly over 30 seconds) between the conditions. This is how DWC/global mode operates and is required in order to get accurate winds aloft.Standard or Smooth Cloud Transitions mode will give you the station-based weather I think you are looking for.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies