Hi guys, I am hooked on FSX, my computer is not. Currently I have an Asus m2a-vm mb, Phenom 9750 quad core, nvidia geforce/nforce 630a, 750 watt cps and 4 gigs of ddr2 800 ram. I have downloaded and installed the cfg from Bojote. If I put about 4 or 5 hundred into it, what would give me the best bang for the buck?ThanksTerry

I think the best thing you could do would be to do a Sandy Bridge upgrade. For exactly $500 you could get these:ASUS P8P67i5 2400GTX 5504GB G.Skill DDR3 RAMPersonally I think you would be better off saving a bit more and getting a GTX 560, i5 2500k and throwing in a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ to cool the CPU if your going to overclock.

Here's a budget system that will yield very good performance. I know it's a little more than $500, but this is about as cheap as you can build a good FSX computer. Any compromise is going to have a drastic impact on performance.Intel i5-2500KASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen32x4GB DDR3 1600 RamMSI GTX460CM Hyper 212+I would think the GTX 460 would perform better than the 550 simply because it has 336 processor cores vs 192. If you decide you need a case and power supply, I would recommend the Antec 300 case and the Corsair TX650W PSU.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Thanks very much for the replies, I havn't had much experience with high perf computers so your suggestions are welcome.Terry