Sign in to follow this  
t1k1g4q74

taxiing

Hello simmers... anyone know how do i fix my taxiing on ground? my plane turns too easily and sharply just from a little left or right turn. help would be greatly appreciated.

You will probably need to give some more specific information so people can give some useful advice. Are you using rudder pedals and if so, what kind? What aircraft does this happen with? Was it okay previously and then changed and if so, what changes might you have made? The more you can tell us about the problem, the better we can help you outCheersIan

Hello Kiwi...It's the feel there caravan and I use a saitek jooystick. Only changes i've made was the panel and i'm using the ultimate boeing panel V3.1 . It's always been the same from the begining of using this ultimate panel, I don't like it when I land and 1st hit ground, when trying to straighten with the runway I turn left or right whichever and the plane turns very sharp. I hope this was enough and hope this can be fixed.

If it applies to all aircraft then your your sensitivity may be too high. If you are getting the yaw control by twisting the stick it is very difficult to properly separate the twist movement while you are using the other movements.If you are using the Saitek driver see what kind of yaw mapping it offers. You probably need if offered a non-linear sensitivity curve so that you have less sensitivity near the center than as you head toward full range.In FS if you are using the the twist function of the stick be sure in FS9 settingsrealism that autorudder is not checked. If it is then rudder (yaw) is coupled to the aileron (roll) control instead of being independent.You can also elect to use FSUIPC with paid registration. On an aircraft by aircraft basis or all you can elect to use your own sensitivity mapping including a non-linear mode as described. This avoids messing with rudder sensitivity in aircraft.cfg files. I use this with rudder pedals and have it set for less sensitivity toward the center and max toward the end of range so I have full rudder deflection when needed but less sensitivity for turning on the ground. FSUIPC also offers a 'tiller' function that reduces yaw sensitivity below a certain airspeed (ground speed) for taxiing. What I am describing only works with separate control stick yaw control, not an autorudder coupling. If you use this you would use the regular FS drivers and not the Saitek stick driver.It is notable that in FS9 a large null area in the axis sensitivity increases the overall sensitivity. You need just a bit of null in case the joystick or pedal axis does not always return to the same electrical values on releasing pressure. This is covered also in the alignment utility in FSUIPC.Last, I highly recommend saving up for a set of pedals. This allows differential braking. It also makes it easier to use a slip landing if it is modeled well in an aircraft. this technique is used in crosswind landings by applying opposite rudder to the direction of aileron control.