Sign in to follow this  
harmen_r

NDAC, AIRAC, FMC, SIDS question

Hi,First of all my knowledge of SIDS and STARS is very limited.Yesterday I was trying to create a FP from KATL to KCLT, in order to do this I used the latest Navigraph NDAC and AIRAC files.Why do the names of the NDAC and AIRAC SIDS not match? For example: on the KATL NDAC charts you have - to name a few - DAWGS 4, DOOLY 4 and JOGOR 3, but the correspondant AIRAC SIDS are named differently: DAWGS 5, DOOLY 5 and JOGOR4, is this a problem?Ok, then for example I choose RW 8R, DAWGS 5 and for my transition SPA. But the waypoints of the SID (HD 092, RO079, RONII, IGEBE) in the FMC, are nowhere to be found on the NDAC charts from Navigraph; so what am I doing wrong?Thanks in advance,Harmen

In the US, the number is the version such that DAWGS5 replaces DAWGS4. Sometimes the revision includes different or new fixes, other times it might just be a change to text on the chart and the route is the same. Regardless, gotta have charts that match the latest, which is what you get in the latest Navigraph navdata. If their charts are out of date, you can get current charts free from the FAA or from many websites such as flightaware.com. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand what the numbers are for.But I still dont understand why the Navigraph KATL charts do not show the various SID waypoints? Maybe you or another member/simmer can explain that for me? I gonna check the sites you mentioned, thanks again.Harmen

Problem solved.I checked out the website www.skyvector.com. and they have up to date KATL charts. So, Navigraph is not that good afterall, because I downloaded the charts 2 days ago! Now my missing SID waypoints are visible:-).

Problem solved.I checked out the website www.skyvector.com. and they have up to date KATL charts. So, Navigraph is not that good afterall, because I downloaded the charts 2 days ago! Now my missing SID waypoints are visible:-).
Ndac updates are on a quarterly cycle and the AIRAC is monthly, as are the approach charts obtainable from various sources. Where nav charts are easily available from official sources, I prefer them. However, the Ndac data covers areas that are not easily available on-line in many cases.DJ