Sign in to follow this  
Chemanuel

There got to be something wrong!

After the initial problems, (wrong livery manager, old livery version etc) after installing the SP1 it was GREAT!. My one studder per second was gone, the planes fly smoothly incredible!, I was able to save flight and load any of the planes.After I downloaded and installed SP1 update, things went wrong. I have reach a point that sometimes I have to start FSX over 20 times (Just for the PMDG) I have to load another flight with another airplane, try to load one of the planes, until I hit the jackpot and the plane loads without the PMDGNGX.dll error, crashing the sim.However once I'm able to load one of the planes, usually the Janet livery, ALL the other models will load without any problems and flight ok.This is NOT a memory problem, I have a utility (very handy) that shows me my memory usage while the plane is loading..even in flight I can "Trim the processes and Clear the Cache" regaining while in flight almost 400mb! the system is loaded al 62% leaving almost 1 gig available.Since I downloaded the new version of the SP1 on top of the original, I don't have it to try to install everything again with the original file. I know I'm not the only one with this error. IS there a way to get the original SP1 file?Have anybody found a solution for this crashes after the sp1 update?Also IMPORTANT!, Once I load any of the plane models succesfully I save a flight and everything turns ok. I can shut the sim OFF and I can re-start it with NO problems as many times as I want.It is the NEXT day when I start my SIM that the whole problem starts again, crashing, not loading the same flight that was perfect the day before. Once again when I load it fine, everything works ok for the rest of the day.

There were 2 versions of the SP1?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

There were 2 versions of the SP1?
There were some minor changes a few hours after release. Per rsr, it shouldn't affect 99.99999% (i forgot how many 9's there were) of users.

After the initial problems, (wrong livery manager, old livery version etc) after installing the SP1 it was GREAT!. My one studder per second was gone, the planes fly smoothly incredible!, I was able to save flight and load any of the planes.After I downloaded and installed SP1 update, things went wrong. I have reach a point that sometimes I have to start FSX over 20 times (Just for the PMDG) I have to load another flight with another airplane, try to load one of the planes, until I hit the jackpot and the plane loads without the PMDGNGX.dll error, crashing the sim.I'm confused. Did you install SP1 and haven't had any issues, or did "things go wrong" after you installed SP1?Brian, no way. Not this early after the SP release...Someone correct me and tell me I'm mistaken if so.

To the op, after installing sp1, did you redownload all your liveries or reinstall the liveries you already had?

There were some minor changes a few hours after release. Per rsr, it shouldn't affect 99.99999% (i forgot how many 9's there were) of users.
Ken,Didn't realize that. So since I didn't download the SP until Monday, I'm up to date?

Ken,Didn't realize that. So since I didn't download the SP until Monday, I'm up to date?
Yeah, your fine. Even then, the 3 things that got changed wouldn't have caused to things your seeing. (I don't remember exactly what it was, but I don't remember any of it being crash related)

Oh, ok. Your first post quoting his without the quote box confused me, though I'd scrolled all the way up... I'm blaming my phone for this one!

Oh, ok. Your first post quoting his without the quote box confused me, though I'd scrolled all the way up... I'm blaming my phone for this one!
Yeah, my brain decided to take a break.

there are issues for some with the NGX saved into a startup situation, advice from PMDG is to load the default situation and switch to the NGX

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Yes, after I installed the SP1 update, things went wrong!. It was perfect before. Now NOT even loading a default first works sometimes...still looking for answers. As the title of my message states, There got to be something wrong!. How can it work perfectly for hours, load a situation with the plane etc. and then not work at all no matter what you do. Still searching for answers...Worried.gif Now NOT even starting with the default situation does anything..It just crash the sim once I try to load the plane at any airport, boom it crashes....

OK! I found the culprits and a temporary way of loading the aircraft. (I say temporary, I hope this is solved in the future)1. First I want to state clearly that I have deleted all the files recomended including the PANEL STATE files. However once you re-create a situation with the plane, 2 more files are re-created again in the PMDG panel state folder. Those 2 little new guys are the ones NOT letting the plane load!2. Went ahead to the folder...found them and re-delete them.3. Load the default flight, the one with the Glider in the Harbor. after the glider is flying...4. Load the Pmdg plane, right there in the air...the plane will load, it will be flying while the systems initialize.I try using the default flight and changing airports and save it as a new situation to then change the plane IT WILL NOT WORK.5. Once the Plane is flying I just go to the flight planner and create a flight. As you know the plane will be moved to the departing airport and there will be your PMDG plane waiting.LOL.gif Once this baby loads it flies great!My system is windows 7 32 bits BUT if you manage your settings and memory usage, you can fly this plane very good... See attached photos...I can clear the cache while in flight and streamline the processes and regain between 200 to 350 mb's while flying. also I'm flying with weather, clouds and water textures... 26 frames on the outside!!!..yeehaaa...15 to 17 on the inside which is great! And I still got about 1 GIG free of memory! No traffic!Pmdg2.jpgPMDG1.jpgScenery settingsSnap1-2.jpgI hope these findings help the other users with the same problem! And if PMDG change the software so there is no re-creating of the panel state files, maybe will be less problems for some users (al least loading the plane after the default situation)Got to go, there are some passengers waiting! :)