Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ErikU

Stuck left full aileron

I am building a custom panel for a Carenado Bonanza V35B that has a very strange issue.When I use the custom panel, the ailerons get stuck in full left deflection. The stock Carenado panels fly just fine. I have tried turning off and disabling the auto-pilot, and I have tried removing and re-installing the aircraft. I have even tried creating a panel with nothing but the background bmp.Carenado Bonanza V35B for FSXFS panel studio (latest build)FSX SP2Any ideas? It's driving me nuts.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's possible that the aileron animations is being controlled by one of the gauges you are removing rather than the model file directly reading the aileron value. Does the aircraft still fly OK even though the aileron appears fully deflected?I'd recommend restoring the panel to how it came and then try editing the panel.cfg by hand and using // before each gauge entry (ie comment out the gauge), one at a time, to see if that has an effect. This way you can narrow down exactly which gauge is controlling the ailerons and then make sure to include it in your new panel. No need to restart FSX between each edit as you can use ctrl+shft+R to reload the aircraft.

On occasiobn I have had conflict due to an axis being assigned to more than control, usually caused by default settings such as rudder pedals and throttles trying to control the same axis. Check your control assignments.

Ron