Sign in to follow this  
RFiery

Place-Bearing in FMC not working in SP1?

Anyone else try to get Place-Bearing intersections to work in SP1? I have not been able to get it to work.My specific example is BDL266/IGN084. When putting it in the FMC in the route section I get an invalid entry message.I can, however, get place-bearing-distance to work though, i.e. BDL266/25.If nobody else has been succesful, I'll submit a ticket.ThxRick

-Rick Fiery

I have had no problems with them !Make sure you are entering them in the LEGS page.Page 3 of this thread might also be useful to you.http://forum.avsim.n...al/page__st__50Fred.
Thanks, but read that thread. Nobody in that post (or others) seemed to have tried actually creating a place-bearing intersection, i.e. an intersection defined by radials from 2 different VOR's.People are talking about along track fixes and place-bearing-distance fixes working... but not place-bearing from 2 VOR's. I can get everything working but this case.And, I have tried it in both RTE and LEGS sections.What am I missing?Rick

-Rick Fiery

Hi Rick !Are you sure that those 2 VOR's are in the nav database ?Can you see them on the NAV display ?Fred.

Hi Rick !Are you sure that those 2 VOR's are in the nav database ?Can you see them on the NAV display ?Fred.
Yep. They both are. A simple routing to test it is KBOS BDL IGN KEWR. I am just doing the radials off BDL and IGN (266 and 84 respectively). It is a common routing between Boston and Newark. Also, I put it into an FMC on a different plane and it worked. So the geometry is correct on the radials. There is an intersection.Thanks for trying to help on this.Rick

-Rick Fiery

Yep. They both are. A simple routing to test it is KBOS BDL IGN KEWR. I am just doing the radials off BDL and IGN (266 and 84 respectively). It is a common routing between Boston and Newark. Also, I put it into an FMC on a different plane and it worked. So the geometry is correct on the radials. There is an intersection.Thanks for trying to help on this.Rick
But what is your route ?Departure runway ?The intersection created will be put into your route as a place-bearing/place-bearing waypoint.( maybe you just want to fly those 2 radials and not have an actual route ? ) Fred.

Hi Fred,I just was giving the routing to show that the two VOR's exist in the database if you want to try to load the route.Then, in between BDL and IGN I was inserting the waypoint that is the intersection of the IGN 084 radial and the BDL 266 radial.I entered this using the syntax of BDL266/IGN084. In fact I tried variations of BDL266.0/IGN084.0 and other permutations. Everytime it gave me an invalid data error. It should have created a waypoint of BDL01 in the this example. It must be a bug. I'll put in a ticket.In the meantime I will fly the needles for the routing to get to that intersection :)ThxRick

-Rick Fiery

I've had this same problem as well but it was ORW082/PVD263, always got the same invalid entry message, its a route between KJFK and KBOS (MERIT ORW ORW082 PVD263 PVD ORW3), funny enough i have tried it with one that was in the tutorial and it worked fine, just never could get it to work with ORW and PVD VORs