Sign in to follow this  
gandy

Problems with ase and fsx

Hi,I brought ASE ( Build 647 ) the other day but it does not seem to work the way it should for me so im guessing ive done something wrong but im not sure.Here is the issues im having.Wind Speed, The wind speed in FSX does not match the metar reported in ase - fsx will be 7kts calm and ase will report 17 kts gusting up to 29 ktsCloud cover - Over cast conditions are the same as an almost clear and sunny day, its just not drawing the cloudsFog - well fog is good up to 5000ft but then its clear skys all the way even though it can be raining with overcast conditions reported by the metar. I can also see the ground like there is no fog at allMy ase settings at this time are default as nothing seems to work so i put it back to default.Using FSX + Acceleration, Win7 x64 with fsx on its own drive and ase not installed to program files due to permission issues the folder has.Using FSWC to edit the water, Orbx NA Scenery, Lots of aircraft addonsPaul S

-Paul-

Did a fresh install of windows and fsx and no joy, the weather does not match the metar's ( no other addons installed )

-Paul-

Hello,First things first, it appears you have some kind of conflict so lets make sure we eliminate that... if you are using any online client i.e. with VATSIM, IVAO, etc, make sure wx is disabled in such clients. Next, reset your theme by closing ASE, choosing "Clear skies" theme in FSX, saving your flight (as default), then restart FSX and load that flight. If you are using FSUIPC make sure you have chose "Wx settings off".Now restart everything. Do you still have issues? If so, please provide some information that shows any discrepancies, such as wx report screen vs. FS screenshot, and a log file is always very helpful.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies