I used the MIP4 arrival ETG trans to KLGA tonight, with the latest update from Navdata(1111), the final fix on the arrival PROUD transitioning to the FAF of YOMAN on the RW22 ILS. Because of the wind conditions at La Guardia tonight(290/13G20), departures on RW31, a circle to land was being used flying the approach to RW04 at 4000ft then vector east for left turns to final unlike the normal procedure of the arrivals from the south that fly the Hudson river after PROUD then right turns to YOMAN. Because RW31 was used for departures, that changed the procedure. When I programmed my FMC anticipating this, it would not accept a continuance between PROUD and YOMAN. That is a 180 degree turn over YOMAN and I understand that logic will not allow that, but what I would like to know is there a way to add vectors to an already programmed arrival closing the discontinuity. What I ended up doing was adding the JFK VOR to the flightplan in between PROUD and YOMAN and that cleared the disco but I never actually flew over the JFK VOR as the actual flow was kept close to KLGA.

A vectors state can be added to the sidstar procedure file but not with the FMS manually. You might want to play with PDB waypoints as a workaround if you wish, or just allow the disco to act as a vectors state.

Dan Downs KCRP