Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

XP10 and AI Traffic question

Hello Gang!From everything that I've read and judging by the tons of infromation and screenshots that have been released, it's no doubt that XP10 will set a new standard in flight simulation. No doubt that the airport sceneries will be of high quality (especially since the application contains a scenery builder), the atmospherics look amazing, the overall environment,even the AI logic and engine appears to be a far cry from what we've seen so far in other sims, however - there are two pieces of information that I have not yet seen that in my mind would add a tremendous sense of realism to XP10:1. AI customization. Are we goign to be able to customize the AI aircraft with real airlines liveries and real airline schedules like we used to do in the FS series? There is nothing more inmersing than flying into an airport and seen all those AI flights taking off and landing and taxiing around and knowing that they're following real life flight plans with the appropriate liveries. Kind of like a ProjectAI but for X-Plane10. Would this be possible???2. Aircraft custom sounds. Sounds have been a let down of the XPlane series. Why haven't there been good sound packages (freeware or payware) for XPlane as there are for FS? I like to hear real RR Trent sounds when I fly a 777 with RR engines or a real GE engine sound when flying a 767 with GE engines. Or the kick &@($* turbos kicking in when revving up a King Air. Catch my drift??? Anyone klnow what the new possibilities are with XP10 in this department?Again folks, I'm already saving to upgrade my rig cause I'm buying XP10 as soon as it comes out but these two items I think are worth discussing.Thanks!Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

1. All that anybody knows about the AI and ATC you will find here: http://www.x-plane.com/blog/category/air-traffic-control/2. Don't expect too much improvement in the sound department. However, there recently have been third party planes available that really make a difference here. e.g.:- the challenger by DDen (video and link to store here:

)- and what Arti is experimenting with: https://sound4xplane.wordpress.com/