Hi AllNeed some help with cooling.Got my new 2600k computer running good and want to get the fan temp controls working correctly.It's a P8Z68-V Pro board with Noctua NH-D14 and a HAF case.I read somewhere that using the A1 suite 2 was a waste of resources on a gaming set up is this truelIf so is there other software.Do I have to have fans with 4 pins most of the fans supplied have 3.Thanks.

Paul EGLD

AI Suite has an imbedded application call FanXpert, open AI Suite and click on the fan icon. As I recall some of the new SB Asus MB's had problems with AI Suite working correctly, you will just have to try it and see.If your CPU fan is a four pin PWM fan you can use FanXpert to set up a user profile for this fan and it will adjust the RPM of the fan according to the CPU temperature reported by AI Suite.Your 3 pin case fans can plug into the 4 pin fan headers of your MB without a problem. The fans plugs are keyed so they will plug into the correct three pins on the MB and leave the 4th pin on the MB open.You can use Fan EXpert to set your case fans to low, medium or high. If you want to change the setting you have to change the setting and then reboot, FanXpert will not change the case fan speeds on the fly.You can try SpeedFan, it is free. It may or may not work on your MB, you will just have to try it and see. If it works it will change the RPM of all your fans according to the temperatures SpeedFan monitors.Unless your fans are really loud I would just leave them all on high all the time, that is what I do.

SpeedFan is what I am looking for. I will get PWM fans and try it.Thanks for your good advice

Paul EGLD