Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disable blinking MSG on default FSX GPS500...?

I would like to remove the blinking MSG on the default FSX GPS500. It's annoying to see that thing blink all the time (and having to press it to see useless information).YES, I KNOW that you can turn that blinking off ingame by pressing and holding the MSG button, but for some odd reason it doesn't work like that in the Katana 4x (on my PC anyway). I already looked into the fs9gps.cab but can't figure out what takes care of that blinking MSG... Of course I already asked this on the Aerosoft support forum, but they don't seem to read the Katana forum over there.Does anyone here knows what exactly takes care of that blinking so I can get rid of it once and for all?

I did this surgery for the Lionheart G1000...Opened up the cab file, found the messaging section and deleted it from top to bottom.Keep a backup! XML code is quite unforgiving!

Bert

I would start by searching for<!-- check MSG button --> (@g:msgButtonDown) 0 != if{ (@g:msgButtonCount) ++ d (>@g:msgButtonCount) @MSGButtonDelay == if{ @MSGToggle } } 1 (>@g:messagesOff)and add the bold line (after the } bracket! )That should do it.If that does not fix it, find:<On Event="GPS_MSG_BUTTON">@MSGButton</On> and delete that line.

Bert

Yes, awesome! I did the first edit you posted and when I loaded the plane, the GPS MSG showed OFF already! Great! Thanks!!! :) Yihaaaaaaa! ;)

Happy it worked!Just for the heck of it, I'm going to try to write a little gauge thatturns off the button from outside the GPS gauge - that may or may not work..But if it does, it takes away the need to edit one of the FSX default gauges..

Bert

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now