Sign in to follow this  
henryccrider

textures

i downloaded a texture that is supposed to be installed in the PMDG 747-400. the directions were to add the texture in the aqircraft cfg file. so i went to the last texture and added the info as the next texture. when i tried to close the cfg file it asked if i wanted to save the changes to the aircraft file (thats the name of the ac config file) and when i say yes it says access denied. all my other textures from PMDG installed in the aircraft cfg file but when i typed this in it would not save it. i checked to see if i had left anything out but thats not the case. by the way it was a delta texture and to think delta is the second largest airline in the world and PMDG didn't provide a livery for delta. i guess they are really in touch with (virtual) reality. any help is appreciated........thanks henry

Guest firehawk44

I think the only way to install new aircraft textures in PMDG aircraft is through their .exe program. You cannot do it manually by editing the aircraft.cfg.Best regards,Jim

Check to make sure the aircraft .cfg is marked as read only. If it is uncheck that box.Btw, yes its ok to add repaints without an installer as long as you follow the instructions in the read me and mod the aircraft cfg to include the new texture entry.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

after doing what the read me file says to in the aircraft cfg file and doing it my pop up says do you want to save this file and when i try to saqve the file it tells me i have to have the administrator's permission to save this file, so when i tried to rename the contents and add it to the file in airplane/ pmdg but that did not work. it wanted me to save it to my documents....so i did that and deleted the aircraft file and tried to drag the file in documents to my pmdg file but it installed but i had liveries (house and others) which had been installed and now they disappeared and i only have cargo 747's house livery and no passenger planes 747-400x of any kind aqnd a light bulb just went off. i think i needed to just do the cfg i wanted to install instead of editing the existing cfg file and then try to install the same file with the edited changes into the original file. kind of like taking your foor out of your left shoe, clipping a toenail, and then trying ti stick it in your right shoe while your right foot is still in it. i still dont know what happened to my passenger planes. henry

-well so much for light bulbs. i don't know of any way to add to the original cfg without changing it but there is obviously a way so if anybody knows how to install a delta texture to pmdg 747-400X please let me know. i typed everything correctly when i added to the original cfg but when i tried to close it it wanted me to save the changes and when i tried to it said i had to have administrator permission to save to that file so how do i get around that.

The reason you cant make the change is becuase no doubt you have installed into C:program filesmicrosoft gamesfsx...if you ever need to re-install direct it to C:FSX.Because its in the ''program files'', you cant make the change, because it is a configuration file and they are protected/read only, without administrator rights.Try this :accng.jpgacc1s.jpg