Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

AFCAD - ATC

Hi,Anybody knows whether it is possible to "divide" in two parts an airport, so as to have two Ground frequencies,e.g.Ground North & South. And of course make the ATC to follow it ?I know that FS9 ATC will use the first Ground frequency listed in Com list in airport's AFCAD.The question is whether ATC can use another one for the same airport and how can I do this ?Thanks for your time,Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

I did it in FS2002 but I do not know about FS9. Sadly, I cannot remember exactly how I did it and it would take quite a lot of hunting around to find out. If there are no other replies to your post, I might take a look over the next few days.

Supporter.png

John

Thanks for your reply α-Orionis.If you have time to find out how you did in FS8 would be fine. I think those two sims handle this matter in the same way more or less.Might it be the airport overlay method ? If so, I am not sure if this can work in FS9 though.Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

OK, Let's put it another way : The ATC uses the first Ground frequency listed in a certain airport Comm list. I add another Ground frequency, but ATC stilluses the first however many aircraft it has to handle. So, is it a matter of placing frequencies in a certain way or what ?Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

As you probably know, ATC has a pecking order for frequencies, as in the real world. Basically for aircraft on the ground in FS2004 this is Ground, Tower, Approach. As far as I know, only one Ground and one Tower frequency are permitted in FS2004. In FS2002 using the overlay method, I created a second 'airport' at PAFA (Fairbanks, Alaska). Fairbanks has parallel runways separated by a lake/river with terminals on the west and east sides. It is all a long time ago now but as far as I can remember I made a duplicate AFCAD which I renamed PAF2 or similar. I made new COMs and NAVAIDs for PAF2. In some way I was able to allocate areas of this 'double' airfield to use either the PAFA COMs or the PAF2 COMs. This allowed me to bring my AI GA flights to the east terminal whilst commercial flights parked at the west. (PAF2 had to be added to the traffic.bgl using Ttools). I do not have FS2002 installed any more and I am at the limits of what I can remember. I am fairly sure that the overlay method will not work in FS2004 but I could be wrong. Why don't you ask on the FS Developer board? (www.fsdeveloper.com). Have you looked at ADE9X? It is much more powerful than AFCAD and has a similar user interface. There is a version for FS2004 and its freeware.

Supporter.png

John

Hi,I had used airport overlay in FS8 and I know how to do that.If you are sure that FS9 allows only one Ground frequency, there is no point to use any program to achieve it.Using ADE9 I entered another Ground frequency, but no joy.Thanks,Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

As you probably know, ATC has a pecking order for frequencies, as in the real world. Basically for aircraft on the ground in FS2004 this is Ground, Tower, Approach. As far as I know, only one Ground and one Tower frequency are permitted in FS2004.
I think you will find that if you have two tower frequencies at an airport with two parallel runways in use, e.g. EGLL Heathrow, FS9 uses a different Tower frequency and controller's voice for each one. I can't think of a circumstance that uses more than one Ground frequency, though.John Edited by johnhinson

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org