Sign in to follow this  
BlinkNFG

Cannot load demo/beta

Hi Goran,There is nothing in the preference file to delete and no crash log file outside of the one generated by WIN indicating the hung application as above.In looking at the log.txt file it gets as far asLoaded: C:Documents and settings/user/desktop/x-plane 10 demo/aircraft/heavy metal/b747-400 united/plugins/systems/win.xpland thats where it stops.Any thoughts?**edit**by the way the only way to close the app once it stalls out is killing it via task manager.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Hi Goran,There is nothing in the preference file to delete and no crash log file outside of the one generated by WIN indicating the hung application as above.In looking at the log.txt file it gets as far asLoaded: C:Documents and settings/user/desktop/x-plane 10 demo/aircraft/heavy metal/b747-400 united/plugins/systems/win.xpland thats where it stops.Any thoughts?
Try running the updater again. You may have some missing files. There should ALWAYS be files in the preferences folder. Running the updater will ensure any missing or corrupt files are downloaded. If you have corrupt files, they will be replaced with non-corrupt files.

How can you run the updater without actually getting the demo to launch? Or do you mean the demo installer?

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I ran this and as before the demo gets to "Finishing asynchronous loading" and bombs out.No joy....forces me to kill it via task manager which actually shows 2 separate instances of X-System "Not Responding".

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I ran this and as before the demo gets to "Finishing asynchronous loading" and bombs out.No joy....forces me to kill it via task manager which actually shows 2 separate instances of X-System "Not Responding".
THAT'S your problem. Make sure X Plane is unloaded from memory by getting rid of it in the task manager. V9 sometimes did this when you clicked on the X in the top right corner instead of going to File->ExitTry that and see what happens.Just be sure to be patient. Give it a good 2 minutes to load.

THAT'S your problem. Make sure X Plane is unloaded from memory by getting rid of it in the task manager. V9 sometimes did this when you clicked on the X in the top right corner instead of going to File->ExitTry that and see what happens.Just be sure to be patient. Give it a good 2 minutes to load.
Hi GoranThe two separate instances of X-System "Not Responding" are happening on a freshly booted system. The demo has NEVER successfully finished loading on my system past the message "Finishing asynchronous loading" and the bar making it roughly 1/3rd across the screen.I understand what you are saying about the two instances possibly causing the problem; however, on a freshly booted system I don't see how it could happen unless something is buggered in the executable but then you would have hordes of folks having the problem...not just a few.Its a strange one.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I was having the same problem. I downloaded and installed new drivers and now it loads to the point where I am in the Cockpit of the 747 in full screen( love the look and the sound btw) I can see the lights in the distance of the airport and the runway i can see the sky with a few clouds. I I am unable to move the view and any key i hit does nothing. When I go to the top to open the menu bar, there is a long like more then a minute long pause before the menu shows up and no drop down menu for another 2-3 minutes the fps from my fraps on the corner shows 0. finally I have to control alt del. out of it. I can fly FSX and Xp9 pretty good with my 4 year old system. I send the log.txt and Crash.txt files to Laminar and they are looking it over. I hope they can find what the problem is.If my graphic card is no good then I have to wait until after new Years where I am in the plans for building a High End Gaming pc and then I hope xp10 will not be an issue.

I double checked my drivers and they are the latest 285.58 from nVidia.I'll give it a couple days to see if anyone comes up with a fix and if not I'll try deleting the install and re-downloading the thing.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Actually I have the same issue as yourself with the same error code:Problem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: X-Plane.exeApplication Version: 10.0.1.4Although the demo that came down the pipe was labeled 1.02b. Not sure of where the problem lies as it goes through the full load and then hangs when "finished aysynchronus loading" is on the display. My install of XP 9.7 works fine though.WINXP SP3Quad Core @2.54Gb RAM (3.5 enabled via switch)GT 430 1Gb gfx with latest driversI downloaded direct as opposed to via torrent (took 110 minutes or so).I am guessing something corrupted along the way. I deleted the folder and the download executable and will await further releases.This is what I get for managing to refrain all of 3 days from trying the demo out!**edit**I double checked the system requirements for XP10 and the official line is:
  • a 2 GHz, dual-core CPU,
  • 2 GB of RAM, and
  • a DirectX 9-capable video card with 128 MB of on-board, dedicated video RAM (VRAM). See here for compatibility and graphics cards.

However, for the best experience, we recommend the following:

• a 3 GHz, multi-core CPU (or, even better, multiple processors),
  • 4 GB of RAM, and
  • a DirectX 10-capable (DX11 preferred) video card with 1 GB of on-board, dedicated VRAM.

And then I check the list of compatible cards and: NVidia GeForce 256, 2, 3, 4 Below System Requirements So after reading that I wonder if it is some disconnect with the gfx card? The "4" series should have more than enough grunt to run. I noted Larry has the 470 GTX (which should also have grunt to spare and is SLi-compatible)...perhaps this might be the common denominator?

@ TedYou almost made me choke when you mentioned my card wasn't enough LOL LOL.gifI checked the link you supplied.Geforce 4 refers to the original Geforce 4 series of cards released around 2002. Ex Ti 4200, 4600 etcReading further down, it mentions "GeForce 4nn, 5nn" mine would be in the 4nn category, ie GTX470You scared the bejesus out of me Praying.gifLarry

My did load one time but then not again. I did check load full screen. That might be it with TH2GO. I will delete my pref. and see if that helps.

Just an update:1st two downloads, used the direct links3rd try, used torrentsno differenceUsed Updater, downloaded approx 49 megs, updated it, then asked to run. Same thing, just locks up at the load screenSeems to hang at "will init world render"There is no crash fileThere is nothing in the preference folders.Tried running in Vista compat mode no change.I have no issues with XP 9, FS9, FSX, and a slew of other sims and games.I'm at a loss, as much as I want this to work, I think I'll have to shelve it as it's driving me batty Shocked.gifLarry

Hi GoranThe two separate instances of X-System "Not Responding" are happening on a freshly booted system. The demo has NEVER successfully finished loading on my system past the message "Finishing asynchronous loading" and the bar making it roughly 1/3rd across the screen.I understand what you are saying about the two instances possibly causing the problem; however, on a freshly booted system I don't see how it could happen unless something is buggered in the executable but then you would have hordes of folks having the problem...not just a few.Its a strange one.
I'm a little more rational and a little less direct, now that I had a good nights sleep.Ted, looks like you'll have to file a bug report with Laminar. Certainly is a strange issue

I'm a little more rational and a little less direct, now that I had a good nights sleep.Ted, looks like you'll have to file a bug report with Laminar. Certainly is a strange issue
Indead - very strange. As I mentionend in an earlier thread today: it works fine on my more than old AMD-Rig with 2 7900GTX in SLI, but on my actual gaming pc (c2d e8400@4 GHz, GTX40SOC + GTX 260-2 for physx/TH2Go, 8GB Ram, W7-64) XP-10 (newest beta 10.02b2 Web Demo) freezes with similar behaviour as mentioned above (stops and not responding while loading world data... waited more than 10 min and one klick inside startup-window causes windows to kill it!). I even tried to copy the "X-Plane Screen Res.prf" from my AMD-system to the X-Plane prefs folder on my favorit gaming PC and modified the resolutions: same result.Now, I sent a bug report to Laminar today. I think they have to look in that issue, too, because it may adress some more users. Maybe its a memory-adress-issue that causes it to not respond anymore on certain W7-64bit Systems - but just a guess!?Michael(Hopefully they can fix it- 'cause even on my out-dated AMD-System it looks quite impressive - tried on my iMAC graphics system too - great impression, but besides the iMac has only an ati 4670 the os-x lacks with suitable joystick-support/calibration and the default bluetooth-keyboard-mouse are'nt supportet very well at the moment, too ...)

Yeah I sent a full bug report to Laminar. I imagine they are a wee bit busy but I am glad I'm not the only one with the issue.I'm sure they will get it sussed and sorted in time.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg