Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrmertz

GTX 590 and FSX

First, yes, I googled it. Secondly, yes, I did a forum search but mostly I find Nvidia versus ATI or this or that.Are there any GTX 590 users out there that run FSX without the "jaggies"? Obviously, something wrong with my card settings and/or the settings within FSX. My old video card with FS9 looked better. I played around with all the settings within FSX for anti-aliasing including turning them off (big mistake) and it seems to make no difference on the jaggies.I have a 7i 2600k clocked at 4.6GHz, nVidia GTX 590, 1080p display, 16MB RAM at 1866MHz. Running everything maxed out. Also just recently installed REX OD HD (as within the past hour) so I don't know how that would adversly effect graphics and jaggies, if at all. I hear it is a lousy weather generating so will utilize ASE also which I have installed, but that's another subject.So, quality of eye candy being priority, what are the settings people have found to be best with this type of setup?I thank you in advance!Jeff

Anti aliasing works in FSX with an Nvidia GPU using the standard Nvidia Control panel settings, so I am not sure what you mean by that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So I should tweek the anti-aliasing settings from my Nvidia card and leave anti-aliasing off in FSX then I take it.

You need to use an external app in order for Antialiasing ( Jaggies) to work in FSX using an Nvidia GPU.http://www.simforums...topic36586.html
Hmm. Interesting as my old Nvidia card took away the jaggies just fine. Everything looked sharp. Now with the GTX 590 it looks worse so I don't think it's a Nvidia bug all that much.I'm confused now. After reading the post mentioned from the link above perhaps I'll try what they suggest...

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

44%
    $11,005.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now