Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shawnn

Hydraulics overheat

Hi everyoneCan someone please educate me?, since I installed the NGX SP1 update, my hydraulics elec 1 and elec 2 pumps have been getting overheated, it only happen when I start from cold and dark, doesn't matter what I do or how I set up the aircraft my hydraulics elec 1 and elec 2 pumps will always overheat, can someone tell me why it happens and how to get rid of it?, I have service-based failures active on my ngxthis one is with the hydrauclic pumps offthis one is with the hydraulics pumps onNygel Norman

What does your fuel temperature gauge say? If it's off the charts, then you've used an old/obsolete panel state, and the fix would be to use a new SP1-friendly panel state. For more information view the main sticky at the top of the NGX forum. [ http://forum.avsim.net/topic/352155-post-sp1-do-not-use-old-panel-states-and-option-inis/ ]

Rules of Wisdom:
Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with an even larger fortune.

There's nothing less interesting than the runway behind you and the space above you.

My suggestion would be to start with a different panel setting, turn everything off, then save that as your "cold & dark". More than likely your fuel temperature is off the scale, and as far as I know there really is no other way to fix it than the way I described.

Arrey Ati
KATL Supertug

+15 C

My suggestion would be to start with a different panel setting, turn everything off, then save that as your "cold & dark". More than likely your fuel temperature is off the scale, and as far as I know there really is no other way to fix it than the way I described.
I'll try that, thanks you so muchNygel Norman

Make sure there is a minimum of 1675 Lbs/760 kg of fuel in the main tanks to cool the heat exchangers, If not, Do not operate the "Hydraulic" Electrical Motor Driven Pumps (EMDP) for more than 2 minutes to prevent a overheat of the hydraulic case drain fluid from the EMDP's of hydraulic system A and B.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now