Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

Win 7 64 bit

Just a quick question. Will FSX Deluxe run under Windows 7 64 bit?Thanks.Dewey

If possible give FSX a dedicated drive, or for sure, don't install it in Programs (86).Once installed go to the fsx.exe, right click to get to properties, open the compatibility tab, check mark the "run this in compatibility mode for" and on the pull down menu select Windows 7.Select "apply" and you should be good to go.On my original installation the default was set to Windows XP.I was always having a lot of weird things happening when using alt/enter to get in and out of full screen mode and have not had any problems since setting the compatibilty as above.Hope you enjoy FSX.

Hi Dewey,A quick answer:Yes it runs quite well. :)
Thank you, Lars. I appreciate the response.

I would echo his sentiment as well, imho Win 7 64 bit is the only way to go!But do install on a seperate partition than your C partitition, ideally a seperate hard drive.I have a seperate sata hard drive dedicated just for FSX and add-ons.