Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArjenVdv

CTD with the NGX when flying on IVAO using IVAP

Hi,I just started flying on IVAO. I have been experiencing several crashes so far, but they do not always happen. I use the IVAP software. I do not have an headset and pretty much have the window open the whole time. Today for example, I was doing a flight from EHRD to LEIB. Everything went really well. Until I was on final approach in LEIB. I pressed CTRL+F9 to hide the IVAP window, and FSX crashed. Normally I'm never experiencing any crashes or freezes whatsoever. This only happens on IVAP with the NGX. All of these crashes happened when trying to display/hide the IVAP window (CTRL+F9).Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance!EDIT: I already have all I kinds of fixes installed to prevent crashes. UiAutomationCore.dll in my FSX root folder. HIGHMEMFIX=1, etc. A whole tweaked FSX.cfg also.

Arjen Vandervelde

Arjen search with the keyword IVAO there are several threads on this. I think there are some issues with the NGX and IVAO. I fly on the VATSIM Network and there are no issues that I know of with VATSIM.

Paul Deemer

FSX in windowed mode, and set your ivap external software correctly: That way when ivap crashes fsx is still on. You may not know that ivap may crash from time to time. No big pb here. No crashes in 4month with ivap and i do at least 2 flights per day since August 4th!!!!!

FSX in windowed mode, and set your ivap external software correctly: That way when ivap crashes fsx is still on. You may not know that ivap may crash from time to time. No big pb here. No crashes in 4month with ivap and i do at least 2 flights per day since August 4th!!!!!
What do you mean? How should I set up IVAP then? Do you mean on an external computer? If so, I don't have another computer. Also, I don't like running FSX in windowed mode, because then you see the taskbar, and all that stuff.

Arjen Vandervelde

What do you mean? How should I set up IVAP then? Do you mean on an external computer? If so, I don't have another computer. Also, I don't like running FSX in windowed mode, because then you see the taskbar, and all that stuff.
Naaahhh! sorry for not being clear. you have an icon on your desktop named ivap external, launch it and set it up according to a use of fsx in windowed mode: its a straight forward process. THAT WAY IF IVAP CRASH FSX IS STILL UP AND RUNNING! Furthermore, the task bar can vanish if you want just hide it. And FSX in windowed mode solves a tons of pb at least for me. I can run EFB aivlasoft and ivap without any pb, performances are fantastic ( I have 60 fps with the NGX at KLAX FSDT for instance and no less than 25 fps on the biggest airports), etc etc.... no need for a second computer: i have one though, a macbookair but just to watch some charts when I'm flying, go on internet etc...)

Naaahhh! sorry for not being clear. you have an icon on your desktop named ivap external, launch it and set it up according to a use of fsx in windowed mode: its a straight forward process. THAT WAY IF IVAP CRASH FSX IS STILL UP AND RUNNING! Furthermore, the task bar can vanish if you want just hide it. And FSX in windowed mode solves a tons of pb at least for me. I can run EFB aivlasoft and ivap without any pb, performances are fantastic ( I have 60 fps with the NGX at KLAX FSDT for instance and no less than 25 fps on the biggest airports), etc etc.... no need for a second computer: i have one though, a macbookair but just to watch some charts when I'm flying, go on internet etc...)
Maybe I should run IVAP on another PC? I still have a 3 year old laptop here. Can I just install IVAP on the laptop, then connect the laptop with my pc using a ethernet cable, and then just start up FSX, and then start up IVAP external on the laptop? Will this work? If not, how can I set IVAP up on a seperate PC?

Arjen Vandervelde

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now