Sign in to follow this  
FSX1234

RE: Windy Takeoff

Hi i love flying the ngx but having an issue with wind. As I takeoff using real world weather the airspeed is all over the place up and down quite quickly. I just wondered if this was normal compared to real life operations. Also at 28,000 my wind reads 280/105 knots is this normal as well.Kind Regards Chris

I had a 150 knot tailwind over Saudi Arabia at FL370 the other night. It is perfectly normal to see very high tail/head winds sometimes.Regarding your takeoff issue, sounds like you need to setup wind smoothing in fsuipc.Regards

Rob Prest

Thanks for that i have enabled the smoothing and i notice the airspeed moves slightly do you find this happens on yours when in high winds. I also get the overpseed warning some times as well.Chris

I find REX weather and FSUIPC wind smoothing works great.Set FSUIPC to 8 knots per second and suppress turbulence by ticking the box.

i experience the opposite, when flying at vatsim, the max wind is 20 knots, and that is not nirmak, the wind should be way more strong.

I also keep getting an overspeed warning whilst climbing and it will only be on for about 10 seconds any ideas.