Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

How to find if a computer hardware component is overclocked?

Hello,Recently, I have been experiencing issues with my MD-11 (this topic explains the issue) . After opening a support ticket at PMDG, It answered that the issue might be because of "unstable overclocking". I am not sure if any of my computer's components is overclocked, how can I check? Thank-you for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you have to ask whether your cpu or gpu is overclocked, it probably isn't. Did you build this computer yourself, or did you get it from one of the high performance pc builders, such as Alienware, Jetline, etc.? If it's a standard Dell or HP or something along those lines, then it is not overclocked. If it's sold as a custom-built gaming pc, it's possible that it comes overclocked by the builder. I would recommend installing CPU-Z. This is a free utility that will report cpu clock speed, among many other things. As for your video card, you should be able to find that in your driver's control panel.