Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Information for all European 737NG pilots

With all the due respect, I see You are trying to flame this thread. You have to learn how to be less arrogant. We were only positively talking about why Airbus is the "ONLY" choice for medium range by national carriers in Europe. In real life ops.I know I'm not an expert about flying, so I tend to not be as arrogant as You, but luckyly I'm not stupid and graduated in Economics.Take a look at thishttp://www.eads.com/...-structure.htmlFYI "Daimler" is owned by the German Government and European Union itself. SEPI is the Spanish government.......I know all is off topic, but have You seen infos about BF3 around here?
Daimler is not German government owned. It's an AG (Aktiengesellschaft) meaning it is a corporation with publicly traded share ownership. In fact one of the obstacles in the way of a proposed merger between DASA, BAe and Aerospatiale-Matra was the French state ownership or Aerospatiale-Matra, which had to be reduced below 50%. BAe and DASA not being state owned. Privatisation of Aerospatiale began in 1999. As it happened BAe never joined in the merger that eventually resulted in EADS. Yes there is some French and Spanish state ownership in there (about 28%), but it's not true the whole thing is state owned.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've only ever seen Easyjet use -300 not the NG with regard to Boeing. Have been in their A320 from Majorca and it was the noisiest, coldest flight ever with the air conditioning and this weird vapor constantly blowing up the side of the cabin and around the overhead lockers sad.png
easyJet operated 30 737-700s from late 2000 onwards.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

There are douzens of European airlines still operating a lot of 737's. KLM, Transavia, Ryanair, Air Berlin, Malev, SAS...

We misunderstood each other happy.pngMy point was that Air France, Lufthansa, Alitalia, Iberia, TAP, British Aiways and many others are strongly supporting Airbus even because it's an European Industry. The more Airbus sells aircrafts the better is European aviation business. It's natural, it's not a bad thing.I'm not saying they are bad, I think Airbus style aircrafts are the future of aviation simply because high quality automation is a major benefit for passengers.The time of Super Heroes pilots is largely passed, too much accidents, now the market and authorities trend is: "safety first". Passengers are the only reason that moves the airliners business, no passengers = no more airliners and no more commercial pilot jobs.Airplanes makers must protect passengers even against accidental pilot errors. I know how is fun to do all manually in a flight simulator, but in the real life the way to go is the Airbus way. On my own I'm convinced by this.Anyway I like more the Boeing design/style and its feel of solidity reliability. You're right, the 777 and the next 787 are FBW and have a level of automation hugely increased, and this also confirm the trend stated above.
BA were never pro-Airbus at first. They were always very pro-Boeing and reluctant to buy British, let alone European. They inherited 4 A320s when they acquired British Caledonian, but it was years before they ordered more. Now that's reversed and they ordered more Airbuses rather than 737NGs, but I think it's more a matter of economics. Outside Europe Airbuses still sell well, so it's not just a pro-Europe thing.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg