Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

RW12 Question

Is this the proper forum to ask questions about RW12, or is there a website for that purpose ?And does RW12 even work with FSX ? Seems all programs are for FS2004.Dave Hinson

Never mind - I see that it cannot be used. I did, however, find out about the "Object Placement Tool" in the FSX SDK.

Excuse me, David, I thought that it could be used. Is there some particular reason why Rwy12 objects and placement files cannot be used in FS X?There is a "manual" for the use of the FS X Object Placement Tool:Make Scenery with the Object Placement Toolavailable in the Avsim library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=140601Best regards.Luis

Thanks for replying Luis. My problem with RW12 in FSX seemed to be with the bgl compiler. RW12 produces an xml file but not a bgl file (when I try to "Generate Scenery", box comes up saying the xml file was created, but bgl file was not). I have since tried it again by copying the FSX SDK bgl compiler to the RW12 folder and it works OK now. Curiously enough, now the old FS9 blg compiler also works OK. Hypnotized.gifI did try the SDK Object Placement Tool and read the manual, but no Scenery objects showed in the box. I thought any object model declared in FSX would appear in the box. Oh, well, more work. But now that the RW12 program is working OK in FSX I don't need that one.Now to figure out how to get the objects added with RW12 to show up in the .ad2 file. Praying.gifThanks again for the response. I am still learning these scenery design programs.Dave Hinson

Strange that you do not get any objects in the Object Placement Tool list, Dave. Normally, the S.D.K.s were updated at the same time as FS X, so each Service Pack for the main application also received a Service Pack for the S.D.K. If they are not the same version, the tools may not work correctly or at all. So, you should ensure that you have applied the correct S.D.K. Service Pack to the level of your FS X installation.Best regards.Luis

Hi,If you are working for FSX only I would suggest that you check the WhisPlacer tool. It is a nice object placement tool.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks to both of you. Since RW12 is now working, I will probably stick with it.Dave Hinson