Sign in to follow this  
turbojet

FSX freezes with Radar Contact 4

Hello, I'm having a problem with FSX freezing while using Radar Contact 4 which I just purchased. Just a quick background of my problem. I had a freezing issue every 25-30 hours with just FSX (no add-ons). Then, I purchased IFLY 737NG, added FSUIPC and SB4 and started flying on Vatsim. Not once has FSX hung up on me. My first flight with Radar Contact froze FSX after about an hour. I flew on Vatsim this morning for 2 hours with no issues. Obviously, Radar Contact is causing the problem. Any thoughts would be greatly apprectiated. My specs: Win7/64, AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz, 6 GB ram, AMD Radeon HD 6800 video card. Thanks.

Hi Sorry you have a bad experience. We would need a lot more information. Please go to the Radar Contact Forum here on AVSIM and post this same issue. Just to let you know that thousands of folks use RC4 and do not have this issue. I have been using Radar Contact for years and have never had a freeze due to it. That why I stated that you are going to have supply more information to the team to do an analysis.Thanks for using RCBob Johnson

Hello, I'm having a problem with FSX freezing while using Radar Contact 4 which I just purchased. Just a quick background of my problem. I had a freezing issue every 25-30 hours with just FSX (no add-ons).
25-30 hour sessions! Wow! but then it still crashed? I would assume, naturally, that if it stood up that long that a crash was very unlikely!
My first flight with Radar Contact froze FSX after about an hour. I flew on Vatsim this morning for 2 hours with no issues. Obviously, Radar Contact is causing the problem.
There's actually no way RC can cause FS to hang. It has no such privilege, and no control. It only reads where you are (unless you are using it's copilot?), what the weather is, and what the AI traffic are doing. It doesn't set anything (doesn't write anything to FS) unless you've elected to let it fly the aircraft (did you?). Reading data from FSUIPC doesn't actually involve FSX and cannot crash it -- FSUIPC is getting all the data all the time in any case.I've been using it with FS for many years, including the five since FSX came out, with never one FSX crash you could possibly attribute to Radar Contact.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Mr. Johnson I will move this issue to the Radar Contact forum. Thanks, I'm sure that there is a fix. Mr. Dowson, the crash that I was refering to was after 25-30 flight hours; not in a single setting, of course. As for this latest crash, the only change I made was adding RC4. How is it that I can fly for hundreds of hours and no crash? I was not using it's copilot nor did I let the program fly the aircraft for me. I was using the autopilot which I assume is all right.

Mr. Johnson I will move this issue to the Radar Contact forum. Thanks, I'm sure that there is a fix. Mr. Dowson, the crash that I was refering to was after 25-30 flight hours; not in a single setting, of course. As for this latest crash, the only change I made was adding RC4. How is it that I can fly for hundreds of hours and no crash? I was not using it's copilot nor did I let the program fly the aircraft for me. I was using the autopilot which I assume is all right.
There are obviously other factors involved. All I am saying is that if RC is not flying for you it is really only reading data from RC. Except, actually, for stopping AI aircraft from infringing on the runway before you land, or controlling their takeoffs before you. But you said "My first flight with Radar Contact froze FSX after about an hour" so evidently neither of those factors were involved.Your other statements showed that(a ) you'd never had a crash when flying without any add-ons(b ) you'd never had a crash when flying on-line -- i.e. without AI traffic.So, the combination you had never tried before was with add-ons AND AI traffic. And that just happened to be with Radarr Contact as well.So deciding Radar contact was the culprit was a bit premature, don't you think?I think you need to do some further elimination flights before you can possibly assign blame so definitely. It may simply be that you have a faulty or corrupted AI traffic file which didn't affect anything till it was really used properly, or interacted with Radar Contact.Pete

If it's 'freezing' - what version of UIAutomationCore.dll are you using, and where is it located?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Mr. Dowson, I did have crashes without add-ons. I have not had crashes when flying online and, yes, without AI traffic. You seem to be taking my statement as a personal attack. I assure you that I only would like a resolution. I do have issue with spending $44 on a program and not being able to use it. Your insight and help is greatly appreciated. If you have any suggestions that I can try I would be very grateful.Paul, I am using the UIAutomationCore.dll that came with FSX. When I first started using FSX and had the freezing issues with the default aircraft, it was suggested that I update the .dll file. It may the crashes worse. I don't remember exactly but it froze FSX every other flight perhaps.

Mr. Dowson, I did have crashes without add-ons. I have not had crashes when flying online and, yes, without AI traffic. You seem to be taking my statement as a personal attack.
Not at all. RC is nothing to do with me, but i know what it does. There's something else wrong. The only part of your assertions i don't like is the word "obviously" simply because it is not at all obvious, in fact that's the last thing it is.Anyway, I'm out of here now. Argue it out as being RC if you like. i just think that's destructive rather than constructive. A more open mind would be more appropriate.
Paul, I am using the UIAutomationCore.dll that came with FSX.
That's known to cause some freezes, but i didn't think any were related to normal flight. but I may be wrong.Pete

Really, Mr. Dowson? Not taking it personal? I am not arguing, sir. I'm trying to find a resolution. If you don't want to help me, fine. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "obviously". My fault. And don't tell me to have a more open mind. You don't even know me, sir. I want RC to work. I like the idea from what I've seen. Some of us may not be experts like yourself. That's why we seek answers on forums like this.

Really, Mr. Dowson? Not taking it personal? I am not arguing, sir. I'm trying to find a resolution. If you don't want to help me, fine. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "obviously". My fault. And don't tell me to have a more open mind. You don't even know me, sir. I want RC to work. I like the idea from what I've seen. Some of us may not be experts like yourself. That's why we seek answers on forums like this.
it's the attitude struck with your accusations which engender such reactions. It is very likely not RC at all, and in fact knowing what RC does I really cannot see how it can be. More information is needed as well as a more open mind. I know I do not 'know' you -- you can only be judged by what you write, here. And please stop calling me "Mr. Dowson." Maybe you think that's being polite, but it comes across as being rather venomous. I am Pete, or just no address needed as in most replies here.Anyway, I'll not partake here further, but i am willing to help if information comes to light, somehow, in your interaction on the RC Forum.RegardsPete

No how is this helping me? Did I ask for you to be rude to me? Perhaps you can find someone else on another forum that enjoys your breathtaking technical support skills. Good day, sir!

No how is this helping me? Did I ask for you to be rude to me? Perhaps you can find someone else on another forum that enjoys your breathtaking technical support skills. Good day, sir!
Since you feel like that i'll also not bother with you on the RC forum. You are most obnoxious, Sir!

I'm obnoxious? Obviously, you don't know the meaning of that word. Oops, there I go again using that word you don't like. My appologies, sir!

I don't think I'll bother, either, Pete. wacko.pngBTW - I have RC4 and love it. I also have and use the purchased version of FSUIPC - and love it. It also comes with the best support anywhere.Oh, and bye the way, FSX never came with UIAutomationCore.dll.G'night all. Yawn.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.