Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

Aerosoft Approaching Innsbruck X Promo

Hi all, I have just made a promo video of the Aerosoft Approaching Innsbruck X scenery for FSX.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s0RIq9ZBTEAny feedback is welcome on how I can improve it.System Spec: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400NVIDIA GeForce 330GT8GB DDR2 RAM1TB HDD 7200rpmAaron G.

Nice video, Aaron!I love Innsbruck and just got this scenery about a month ago (still have yet to use it). What sort of feedback are you looking for (if any)? I mean, I take that as in video editing techniques rather than choices of angles, footage etc. All looks fine to me but there are always tricks to recording. Some are simple, while others can take a boatload of time. I have a forum (see sig), and have a lot of tips and tricks posted, as well as some settings for Adobe Premiere.The biggest trick I could say to increase fps, is to record at 15fps and set FSX to 1/2 speed playback. I also often will time scale the video a little to help it along and make it smoother. It's great for increasing fps and people will think your system is out of this world. I mainly use After Effects though since Premiere seems to have issues with the FRAPS codec in how it saves (or its way about compression). XVID is the best codec I think and have increased my video quality tons as well as reduced the overall file size.Hope this helps.Here's my last video here. I have a couple others I never posted here (always forget this section exists on Avsim). I'll toss one or two of them up shortly. Not perfect but I've only done about 3 videos for FSX.Edit: I just tossed a few of my videos up. If you want to know how something was done, just ask. I may be new to video editing for FSX, but I have some really great videographers on my forum. We all share tips, tricks, etc.

Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Nice video, Aaron!I love Innsbruck and just got this scenery about a month ago (still have yet to use it). What sort of feedback are you looking for (if any)? I mean, I take that as in video editing techniques rather than choices of angles, footage etc. All looks fine to me but there are always tricks to recording. Some are simple, while others can take a boatload of time. I have a forum (see sig), and have a lot of tips and tricks posted, as well as some settings for Adobe Premiere.The biggest trick I could say to increase fps, is to record at 15fps and set FSX to 1/2 speed playback. I also often will time scale the video a little to help it along and make it smoother. It's great for increasing fps and people will think your system is out of this world. I mainly use After Effects though since Premiere seems to have issues with the FRAPS codec in how it saves (or its way about compression). XVID is the best codec I think and have increased my video quality tons as well as reduced the overall file size.Hope this helps.Here's my last video here. I have a couple others I never posted here (always forget this section exists on Avsim). I'll toss one or two of them up shortly. Not perfect but I've only done about 3 videos for FSX.Edit: I just tossed a few of my videos up. If you want to know how something was done, just ask. I may be new to video editing for FSX, but I have some really great videographers on my forum. We all share tips, tricks, etc.
I would love some of your help. I use Sony Vegas 11 to edit my videos.Aaron G.