I already have a question Whistle.gifLooking for some IMC order to test the new weather engine, I found LFBD's metar quite attractive :LFBD 171700Z 32006KT 290V020 3500 SHRA FEW016 SCT023CB SCT026TCU BKN033 07/05 Q1018 TEMPO 30020G30KT 5000 -SHRAI position my aircraft there... and... to my surprise, even though LFBD is one of France's main airports, and the metar is full, AS2012 still uses advanced interpolation for the airport ! And to my surprise, the interpolation, instead of giving me the low 3500 visibility I was expecting, gives me... 9169 m !! WHich is utterly different.This odd behaviour of forcing some advanced interpolation even when the metar is full for the airport was already something that I didn't understand fully in ASE and hoped it would have been enhanced in AS2012. Any ideas ?edit : and another question : are the FSUIPC.ini settings and FSX.cfg settings regarding turbulence still absolutely necessary with FSUIPC's latest version 4.751a ?

Hello,I just tried with current weather and did not have LFBD provide interpolation at all (actual METAR used only). It is possible that the metar went "stale" (more than 2.5 hours old) between the time you saw the METAR and the time you started the session, and was discarded, but I would need more details to confirm that. if you continue having strange interpolation results please provide details (support ticket would be more efficient) and we'll take a look...We always recommend the suggested settings to avoid s-turns, but based on feedback so far it does seem that the need for this is minimized. We don't have an official position on that yet, until we receive more feedback and confirmations.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damianas usual great customer service, even on sunday !First thoughts after using AS2012 for two days now : great. Great ! Oh and : great ! And forgot to mention : great !I'll use the support ticket system next time I have a specific feedback, no problem.I haven't used the turbulence fsx.cfg and fsuipc.ini tweaks so far and everything seemed perfectly OK. Had a few instabilities in the PMDG 747X freighter enroute from EGSS to EDDk tonight at FL330 with 70kt crosswinds but the A/P handled it pretty correctly. Some banking left and right but nothing too serious. I'll keep watching in on my next flights and will eventually test if the tweaks are really necessary.Congrats again on the new born, worthy of its predecessor's reputation.