Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Altimeter problem

Hi,I'm suddenly having another problem with FSX. This time it's the altimeter setting. I'm using REX 2.0 Real world weather. It's always working fine, the winds are depicted normally into FSX. But there's one problem, the barometric pressure always seems to be at 1013/29.92, no matter what I do. When I check the METAR for EHAM in REX, it says 986 HPA, but when I go into FSX, and REX is loading the weather into it, and I press B on my keyboard, it's still at 1013. And when I look at my altimeter it's pretty much at 0, which is the airport elevation of EHAM. The winds, clouds, precipition is all depicted normally into FSX, but not the barometric pressure it seems. I have no idea what's causing this. The same is happening with the FSX default weather engine. I also have FSUIPC installed, maybe that's the problem? It does seem to be happening with all aircraft.Could anyone please help me with this?Thanks in advance!Arjen

This is an issue someone else reported in another thread. It seems like some kind of weather suppression is working in the background. I get the same with ActiveSky, but I'd assumed it was a problem with my networked config. Do you have any of the weather-altering features of FSUIPC enabled? Try disabling them temporarily to see what happens.

Kyle Rodgers

This is an issue someone else reported in another thread. It seems like some kind of weather suppression is working in the background. I get the same with ActiveSky, but I'd assumed it was a problem with my networked config. Do you have any of the weather-altering features of FSUIPC enabled? Try disabling them temporarily to see what happens.
Yes I have FSUIPC with some of those suppression options enabled. But right now, I have removed FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini from the modules folder, so it should not be working anymore should it?Btw, it seems to be happening only in airports in mid and northern Europe, e.g., EHAM, EDDL, LFPG, EGLL, EGPG, ENGM. But on for example LEMD, and in the US, the barometric pressure all seems to be depicted normally.Perhaps some kind of programm is still doing that suppression in the background from FSUIPC, but I removed it from the modules folder already. Any other ideas?

Could you point me to that thread please?Btw, I found that these issues are happening in airports with exaggerated barometric pressure values, e.g. 986 HPA, But when it's for example 1009 HPA, it's all depicted normally, I'll try to rebuild my FSX.cfg now and see if that works, this is really frustrating btw.EDIT:I disabled REX weather engine, and used FSX' default weather engine instead. This time, the barometric pressure was depicted normally, 992 HPA. So that means there's problem with the REX weather engine. I'll try to reinstall it, otherwise I'll buy ASE 2012 next week.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I'm having this exact issue (as described in the first post)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rich H

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I'm having this exact issue (as described in the first post)

If you are using some sort of external weather program (I'm assuming REX if you're in this thread), you will need to seek help from that developer.

Rich H

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I am a happy clam with Active Sky next. Got it for sale at 30 bucks it is great, weather radar too.