Sign in to follow this  
daniel.burke01

Re installed, no panel sounds...

Hi,Earlier in the week I had a hard drive crash. I lost almost everything, so I had to re install FSX. Now, I've read here on the forum that its best to install FSX to its own folder directly on the C drive instead of through the program files folders, which I did. I then installed the 737 NGX and my Captain sim 757. When I went to fly both aircraft, neither had panel sounds. Engine sounds and ambient enviroment sounds worked, but no panel clicks, no seatbelts, no dings, dongs, what have you are audible. I just un installed everything again. Does anyone have any ideas for me before I re install? Is it because of the location of my FSX? I also made sure that FSX was allowed through the firewall, I ran it as administrator, turned off user accounts, I've tried it all....Any suggestions?-Dan Burke-

Anyone? I could really use some assistance! I am going insane trying to figure this out! I have now reinstalled back to the C: under program files/microsoft games/FSX like it used to be, and still no luck with the panel sounds....All other sounds are working ie: engines, external sounds, but no click, button, seat belts, etc...this is happening on Add on aircraft only!

I did do a search, and I didn't find this! Thank you! I will try updating my DirectX. I did do the update with the installation of the NGX, but maybe it didn't install properly...I will double check!

Ensure you have the correct audio device selected in the PMDG options sound stuff.If running Vista/Windows 7 you should see something start with "Speakers...etc..etc.." (if using speakers).

Ensure you have the correct audio device selected in the PMDG options sound stuff.If running Vista/Windows 7 you should see something start with "Speakers...etc..etc.." (if using speakers).
Thank you, I will check this, however, its also happening with my Captain Sim 757, which does not have this option, leading me to believe its something in FSX or my computer that is preventing me from hearing these add in soundsI have just completed a new clean install of FSX, so I will check to see what happens!