Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Key Code Sequence / Macro Programming for Runway Turnout Lights?

Hello again,I have the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog joystick/throttle set, and using Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. software I -am- able to program one of the toggle switches on the TQ to turn the 'regular' landing lights on and off, I would dearly love to be able to flip the runway turnout lights on/off the same way, but I don't know how to do it. Some people have used the "macro" word here, I know T.A.R.G.E.T. creates macros via the GUI interface. But my "goal" would be to try to accomplish the above desire- to have the runway turnout lights be able to be controlled in some way other than right mouse-clicks on the overhead panel. Primarily because after touch down I want to be able to transition from landing lights to runway lights without losing my overall view of the runway during rollout.Side question: Any of you flying with a TOUCH SCREEN monitor? If so, how do you like being able to flip toggles via tapping the monitor? Recommendations for the best touch-screen monitor would be welcome as well, please?I have the Logitech G13 Gaming keypad on order, my goal is to try to automate as many buttons from PMDG 737NGX as possible in a logical way via the Logitech G13 in lieu of remembering complicated key press combinations or trying to manually mouse click. Setting CRSE headings is one major irritant. Can this be done with the SAITEK Pro Flight radio panel? I am able to set ILS NAV1/NAV2 with the SAITEK, can I set the Pilot and FO runway headings on the MFC using the Saitek radio piece as well?Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.Robert

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Robert, given you have a registered version of FSUIPC, I would suggest having a look at this: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/424-linda/ . It's LINDA, a program using FSUIPC which has A LOT of macro's (keybinds, or aircraft specific functions) programmed into it, which you can easily program.BTW: How are you finding your WH? :)

Robert, given you have a registered version of FSUIPC, I would suggest having a look at this: http://forum.avsim.n...orum/424-linda/ . It's LINDA, a program using FSUIPC which has A LOT of macro's (keybinds, or aircraft specific functions) programmed into it, which you can easily program.BTW: How are you finding your WH? :)
Everything you said and MORE. Love it to death! Desperately seeking those beautiful Warthog covers but sadly looks like the guy who was making/selling them quit the business Rolling Eyes.gif (sigh). I will check on LINDA - thanks for that - I saw someone talking about LINDA and thought it was a TYPO. Angel.gifHave a good one!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Everything you said and MORE. Love it to death! Desperately seeking those beautiful Warthog covers but sadly looks like the guy who was making/selling them quit the business Rolling%20Eyes.gif (sigh). I will check on LINDA - thanks for that - I saw someone talking about LINDA and thought it was a TYPO. Angel.gifHave a good one!
Told ya you'd like it ;) Everyone I've talked to who I advised to get a WH had a similar reaction :)Yes the guy who made the covers is unfortunately out of business. However, if you want I can contact him and ask him to send the "blueprints" (not sure what the correct word is Whistle.gif ) of the covers.I was lucky to get one as he was 1 week from shutting down his business.

Told ya you'd like it ;) Everyone I've talked to who I advised to get a WH had a similar reaction :)Yes the guy who made the covers is unfortunately out of business. However, if you want I can contact him and ask him to send the "blueprints" (not sure what the correct word is Whistle.gif ) of the covers.I was lucky to get one as he was 1 week from shutting down his business.
Maybe he has a spare set laying around (?) I would pay of course, and something extra for him if he would build me a set (?) because I can't sew at all :D and I'm 'in-between' wives right now...Let me know if he is interested or if he has a spare set for sale (?)Thanks :D
Yeah, you were right about the WH. Totally. I also am liking "LINDA" it's not too hard to use and what I like is they have it all set up to use about everything you could imagine on the PMDG 737NGX.How great is that?I ordered a Logitech G13 Keypad as well to handle more commands for the NGX - although I'm thinking about that MFC from Korea, I forget the product name, Linda was designed for it...;)

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg