Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Can't move the spoilers

Hey all,Probably some silly error on my side, but the spoiler stay stuck in a roughly 40% extended position for eternity it seems. No matter what I do, they don't go down or up or whatever. Well, to be more accurate, they do all that, but they immediately return to their 40% extended state. I can't recall having this before installing the SP1b update, which I did as per the instructions provided. I don't quite know what to do... For as far as I know, everything that I need to activate to get this working is in fact activated and operative as per usual, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. Cna anybody help?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

hmmmmm well do you have any joystick or key assignments for the spoilers? if so you might want to delete those assignments just to see what happens. Also, I know it sounds kind of stupid but have you tried starting the ngx from complete cold and dark and seeing if it still stays there? ONe more thing, is there a specific time when this happens? like landing, takeoff, ect. Beyond that, I don't know what it would be, maybe a bug. Happy HOlidays!

Loading the ngx (seat as default flight for example) and then loading a different livery of the same variant can cause strange things to happen. It's considered good practice to have the default flight set with one of the stock fsx airplanes & then select the livery/variant you wish.

mkaygigity: I do have key assignments and such, and these show me that these aren't the problem. If I move my spoiler lever (set via FSUIPC), I see that the NGX spoiler lever also moves. The problem is that it subsequently moves back to its previous position and doesn't stay in the position commanded by me. Even on touchdown, when the spoilers should deploy, this doesn't happen. I can hear and see the lever moving to full deployment and moving back again, constantly, without me being able to do anything about it.As for cold dark: do you mean letting it start up in cold and dark, or do you mean load the cold and dark state manually after loading the plane with the default panel state first? If you mean the latter; then this is what I always do, so no, I'm afraid that doesn't help...Kenneth: I never load the plane in the "wrong" way you advise against. I always load up FSX with the default flight (ultra light at friday harbor) activated, then make the new flight via the "Create a flight" interface and load that up. I have never changed the default flight to anything but the original default flight.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think I would check the fsx axis assignments & make sure it isn't using that lever. If its assigned in fsuipc, an assignment (even to the same function) in fsx can cause things like this.

Okay, I'll recheck to make sure, although the NGX is the only plane that has this problem. All others work just fine... On a separate note, I have sene one or two other strange things that started happeneing after the SP1b installation. I might have to just reinstall...

Benjamin van Soldt

I rechecked, and have no assignments for spoilers elsewhere outside of FSUIPC. However, I solved my issue by changing the way I set it up in FSUIPC. Instead of sending it to FS, I used FSUIPC's calibration method. Works great now!

Benjamin van Soldt