Sign in to follow this  
mallen9595

Black textures

So, I bought the Cessna 337 Mixmaster (ok, Skymaster) for FSX. No product activation, painless installation, as pointed out in another thread. However, the airplane appears all black in game! In the preview, the tips and windows are visible, but not the airframe.

Hello Mallen,please be sure to have installed FSX SP2 / Acceleration or FSX Gold as it looks like a problem regarding this matter!? :Idea:Also be sure to run a clean non tweaked FSX.cfg as some tweaks could end up FSX looking like this!

Hi there! Problem still exists though.Thanks, I tried that advice - I didn't have any service packs applied. SP1 allowed the external textures to show (downside, now pme of my Abacus products wants to connect to the net every time!). But the panel is still completely black. I installed SP2 but that didn't help with the cockpit panel. I did try reinstalling the 337.

Bump.I did get everything to show by reinstalling, except for the 3D panel. Nothing in the panel or the GPS shows. However, the panel will show in virtual cockpit mode, albeit dark. At SP2.FYI, I don't run a tweaked fsx.cfg file, but I'd be happy to post it if anyone wants a look. The only addons I have installed are Carenado 152, 172 (ski), 337, a Piper Seminole by WSSimulation, and a couple of the Abacus Flight Deck packs.

If you are looking for a 2d panel - there isn't one..The virtual cockpit is the only cockpit view.You can turn on the panel lights with shift-L.

Bert

I essentially got the same reply from Carenado. That seems very strange though since every other A/C I have for FSX has a standard cockpit visible in the regular cockpit mode (in other words, not VC) including other Carenado planes. Some A/C resort to built-in or standard cockpits, but still have them. The VC panel is very dark and difficult to use.I can deal with just a mostly-functional IFR panel and GPS, but I do think Carenado should have included a reasonably prototypical one or at least advised customers prior to purchase that there is no standard-mode cockpit.

Well, this is undoubtably the trend...Many vendors have discontinued providing 2d cockpits - and this will likely continue.I recall the first VC only airplane, I believe it was a RealAir Marchetti and being quitedisappointed... but guess what, I got used to it and actually prefer VC only cockpits now :(

Bert