Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Nose still rocking in VNAV - no wind / weather

Still noticing a distinct oscillating / rocking up and down of the nose on VNAV descent with SP1b, no weather enabled at all, not online either. Anyone else?It's VERY annoying and unrealistic. The pitches are very violent.In fact I've just looked and the control yoke is making huge forward and back movements - aaarghh. Why on earth is this happening??

I have noticed this to. It happens irrespective of FD command bar as well. All my FSUIPC settings are tweaked so this aircraft can fly through turbulence on autopilot properly.

Have you guys done a clean install? I haven't payed particular attention to this, but mine doesn't seem to be suffering from this anymore (I made a clean install by the way), except, obviously, when FSX makes those sudden wind changes, which is to be expected. But as for flyin with no wind at all, I didn't notice vnav rocking the nose like it used to. I'll double check on my next flight.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Yes I made a clean install when adding SP1 but not with SP1b as per instructions. Despite having loads of time to descend at about 280kts the aircraft was still doing 330kts at FL110! Only about 20% fuel, no real weight. I don't usually do VNAV descents for precisely this reason and yesterday confirmed my worst fears. I'm going to submit a ticket to the guys at PMDG today as this can only be a bug.