Sign in to follow this  
abax2000

Help on Performance needed

I am considering for some time to move on to the next level and buy the NGX.My concern is that my pc is rather old. Basic configuration is:q6800 @3.0 MHz4 MB ramAti 5850W7 32bitI know that mileage can vary from machine to machine, but I would appreciate if there is some experience to be shared from similar configuration.Usual addons used during flight ASE and Aivlasoft EFB.PS. currently I fly the ATR72-500 which gives acceptable perf, ie 20-25fps in fair weather, 15-20fps if more than "scattered", ~15fps in complex airports.

I know it's rude to answer a question with a question, but here goes:As far as clouds killing FPS, that's mostly GPU dependent. What Anti-Aliasing settings are you using on that older GPU?What scenery settings?Tweaks? Bojote's tweaks?Is overclocking *a bit* an option?Use lower AA settings on that card to avoid crawling FPS when near heavier clouds. Use lower res. clouds if you're using other than default. Use autogen settings of normal or less. No scenery shadows. run the PMDG VC performance tweaker tool ("Performance Manager").

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Abax2000, I´m sure that´s not your name (Full name required here, put it in your sig)Please look into what Zach said. Also I only wanna add this: Never buy UT-Texture or those heavydemanding airports from Aerosoft like Frankfurt Main and others, then I guess you will be just fine with your 32-bit OSBest choise however today, is an 64 bit OS.Good Luck! (I´m sure it would run pretty good if you do what Zach said)/ Leffe

I know 32bit is not optimal but this is it.UTX used. It definitely stays in.GEX used also, but I don't think this relevant to perf.Super Sample AA 4x Wide-tentAF 8xScenery complexity=Extremely denseAutogen=Very denseWater effects=Low2xIs there anything to be said on how NGX will perform on similar setup?PS. I never understood the "full name" requirement. There are people who would like privacy and non-traceable interests/hobbies by the whole planet. If, though full name is a "must" rule here, I will happily withdraw.

I know 32bit is not optimal but this is it.UTX used. It definitely stays in.GEX used also, but I don't think this relevant to perf.Super Sample AA 4x Wide-tentAF 8xScenery complexity=Extremely denseAutogen=Very denseWater effects=Low2xIs there anything to be said on how NGX will perform on similar setup?PS. I never understood the "full name" requirement. There are people who would like privacy and non-traceable interests/hobbies by the whole planet. If, though full name is a "must" rule here, I will happily withdraw.
Can you select box type AA and test your results in clouds?Extremely dense scenery? Go lower.Autogen at very dense? Your processor and GPU don't like autogen. Go lower. NORMAL OR LOWER. Refer to post #2 please.I'll ask again. Have you used Bojote's tweaker? http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlYou're not going to get very many running that set up with the NGX, but there are a few. They'll tell you and so will I; You can't expect miracles from your hardware. I hope you get to enjoy the NGX, though.Finally, full name is a requirement. I'm not sure who's trying to trace you, but it's forum policy. You can use the PMDG official support if you can't adhere to these rules. Your post will be deleted sooner or later.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules