I noticed the landing lights seemed to not be lighting the ground though they are on and show up when you look at them from outside. However they appear to be lighting an area way off to the sides of the aircraft and probably a few hundred yards away with no light anywhere near the aircraft. The taxi lights seem to work fine on some aircraft and don't appear at all on others. Any solutions other than turning off that graphics feature?

HI, landing light have different intensity, you must use high intensity one if you don't see them enough, as for direction texture don't control that, to prevent using landing night, go to advanced option and disable landing nights.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

It's not a matter of intensity. yes the intensity is very low and changing the graphic doesn't matter that much. The issue is the light is showing up on the ground as two blobs of light maybe 1000yards in front of the aircraft and way to the sides. There is nothing in front of the aircraft. It's like the aim on the lights was way up to the point there is no light anywhere near the aircraft.

Hi, can you post a screenshots, to see what happened, then I will test in my side to see if I can replicate with default fsx as well. The high intensity lights is basically similar to default fsx.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Very strange. I had turned off the lights graphics in the program and today turned it back on to do the screen shot and it worked. I'll monitor it and see what happens.

The problem is back. I tried a screenshot but keep getting "web page not available" so I don't know what the issue is using the forum download system.

Hi, From outside since fs2004 and Fsx, they managed the lights direction and morhp them according to the angle of the aircraft and heights vs runways they might far off or close. At ground level, lights are always triangle lights. I have tried all default aircraft and all the same thing, normal feature. If you are using some 3rd party addons, you have to use high intensity to be sure you saw them. Some 3rd party reduce the lights intensiy from their aircraft model. If they dont show up at all, it's another problem related to the aircraft addons or video driver etc.defaultlights.jpgas2012high%20.jpgdefault%20landing%20lights%20at%20ground.jpgas2012%20at%20ground.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I understand your point and like the Orbyx Lancair IVP the lights are different and very realistic, totally different than anything else I've ever seen however the issue I'm having is totally different and I wish I could get the screen shot to work. Basically there are no, 0 lights in front of the plane no matter how the graphics are selected. Then you look way in front of the plane far to the left or right maybe 1000 yards ahead and you notice a dim glob of light localized there only. Nothing in front of the plane at all. It's really strange and unless you turn the lights on and off you can miss it. really in the screen shot I did which is taken from the tail of the plane unless you know what to look for you would never see it at all. Now I have tried this on some add on aircraft Lionhart Epic and Flight Pilotus PC 12 and the result is the same. With the Epic at least the Taxi Lights work normally. In the Pilotus the Taxi lights don't work either. I haven't tried it in a default FSX aircraft I guess I'll try that just for GPs.Of course if I turn the light option off in the graphics section everything works normally.

Of course if I turn the light option off in the graphics section everything works normally.
In Fsx display setting or As2012 advanced option?

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

well if you turn off in as2012, the texture installed in fsx are still from the As2012, unless you put back default fsx one, it has no difference on or off in As2012 option, this is only to prevent installing texture in fsx.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I have the same light issue, this is a problem to which I hope someone can get the lights to point back down instead far out in this distance, most noteable with the taxi lights. I am flying the PMDG NGS . . .Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Well if this cause problems with some 3rd party aircraft and for the minimal change, get back the original spotlights.bmp in the initial backup folder,For Vista and 7 this is C:UsersUsernameAppDataLocalHiFi, copy spotlights.bmp to fsx texture folder, and disable in the as2012 advanced option the spotlight, others then this, as2012 don't control spotlights for any aircrafts.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Doing above Chris tip works perfectly well.I had lost the landing lights from the cockpit.Now everthing is OK.Thanks ChrisPierre