I found just disabling the lights option in the graphics install in the AS2012 program brings back the original lights just fine without having to go into config files.

I tried the fix for the light however it seems in Vista the path you specified is different and doesn't get me to the files. The closest I could come is in C:Program FilesHiFiAS2012DataLightsspot which is a path that takes me to spotlights.BMPGFX. Is that what you are talking about. Do I move these into the FSX texture directory?At present my lights aren't working at all (meaning the aiming is too far off to be any good) as far as spots on most 3rd party aircraft. The FSX default aircraft work perfectly.

I tried the fix for the light however it seems in Vista the path you specified is different and doesn't get me to the files. The closest I could come is in C:Program FilesHiFiAS2012DataLightsspot which is a path that takes me to spotlights.BMPGFX. Is that what you are talking about. Do I move these into the FSX texture directory?At present my lights aren't working at all (meaning the aiming is too far off to be any good) as far as spots on most 3rd party aircraft. The FSX default aircraft work perfectly.
Hi,just search HIFI in c:, The folder should be: Initial backup

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris, it is a well known fact that all PMDG aircraft really need the default landing lights and strobes to look their best - it's becuase of the way they add the lights in the models. The spotlight.bmp and halo.bmp are the needed default files. Could you add a Graphics Install Option checkbox whereby if it is unchecked, these two files will not be updated by AS12?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Is this the file you mean? C:Userspocketwatch50AppDataLocalHiFiAS2012backupsinitial_backuptexture. There is a folder titled spotlights in here.As you can tell I'm no computer expert and probably should not be messing with this stuff. You guys obviously have an issue here and need to do a fix or at least an easy way to disable this so we don't have to go into the machinery and move things around. Also this isn't just PMG aircraft. My Flight one stuff is affected as are Lionheart and I haven't actually tried everything so I don't know about other 3 rd party but I'm sure many have this issue. At least with my Lionheart planes the taxi lights work my Flight one none of them do.

Is this the file you mean? C:Userspocketwatch50AppDataLocalHiFiAS2012backupsinitial_backuptexture. There is a folder titled spotlights in here.As you can tell I'm no computer expert and probably should not be messing with this stuff. You guys obviously have an issue here and need to do a fix or at least an easy way to disable this so we don't have to go into the machinery and move things around. Also this isn't just PMG aircraft. My Flight one stuff is affected as are Lionheart and I haven't actually tried everything so I don't know about other 3 rd party but I'm sure many have this issue. At least with my Lionheart planes the taxi lights work my Flight one none of them do.
Just disable landing lightsspotlight in the install option, after go to graphics setting, click at bottom left, backup option, restore initial backup, it will restore the spotlights, after the spotlight wont be installed again, since you disabled from install option.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis