Sign in to follow this  
HenkA

Urgent help needed for a desperate simmer

Hello everyone.I fly the PMDG737NGX with SP1b. Up until yestarday: no problems. Last night, I loaded a saved flight, i.e. Tutorial1, 10 miles before the TOD. Then, I noticed, that the flaps were at position 1 (should be flaps up). Tried to set them in the up-position. Flaps moved a couple of times, but finally they came back to the position one. So, I deceided to start a brand-new flight from the Cold and Dark. I could not load the 737-800 anymore, but got a CTD immediately, telling me: PMDG_737NGX.dll as the reason for the CTD. Starting the computer new did not bring anything.Then, I uninstalled the whole PMDG-737NGX, using the controlpanel. I did a brand-new install from the basic version of the 737NGX (without updates), without any liveries, only the PMDG-house liveries. I started a flight, everything did look normal, but before starting to taxi, I noticed that the flaps did not work at all.Could anyone help me. Many thanks in advance.Henk Altena

Have you checked the failures on the CDU? Perhaps there is a flaps failure that you have to clear from the CDU?

Maybe check your (joystick) control options and also fsuipc options if installed.What happens when you use others plane(s)?Maikel Rozemeijer

With my install even flights saved with SP1 don't work with SP1b - you get a CTD with PMDG_737NGX.dll the culprit. Bit of a nuisance as my understanding was that this should work but as I said not on my rig.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thank to all for your support and helpful suggestions. I will check every answer, and report back. Merry Christmas to all.Henk Altena

Hello to all, giving me support.The problem was a lousy USB connection between my VRI MCPCombo and my rig. Using another USB port solved it. My flaps are programmed into the MCP.Thanks anyway and a Haapy Newyear to all of you.Kind regards,Henk