Sign in to follow this  
arvisam

Is there any way to exclude custom (annotated, AGN) autogen

HiI already posted this question to the scenProc forum over at FSDeveloper but I thought I would ask here as well. ScenProc (Arno's wonderful utility) generates AGN files from shapefile data (typically obtained from OpenStreetMap-like sources.) It produces AGN files which have been introduced in the Texture folder for the corresponding photo Scenery folder. All this works fine.The only problem is that some of the OpenStreetMap data has vegetation polygons where I would not like them (read: covering lakes as well). So based on previous knowledge I tried to use FLX type exclusion poly over the lake areas. I have tested with ExcludeAutogen and also Flatten + MaskClassMap + ExcludeAutogen GUIDs. However nothing I have tried seems to exclude the custom AGN autogen.BGLComp type exclusion rectangle will not work for me because the lake area is too complex.I know for sure that my exclusion polgyon is working correctly, because in areas where there was no AGN (but where my exclusion polygons are set) the 'normal' autogen is excluded correctly. Is there any way to exclude the AGN autogen (other than by regenerating the AGN 'correctly' in the first place?)Thank you.Arvind.

Is there any way to exclude the AGN autogen (other than by regenerating the AGN 'correctly' in the first place?)Thank you.Arvind.
No.

Why not just edit the annotation .agn file in the sdk annotater?scott s..
Thats what I was gonna do, im using auto trees and so far over a radius of about 200 miles I need to remove trees from 1 lake a nd 1 runway, which is pretty impressive compared to the first version I used years ago.