Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hill

DexTechnologies FFS

Greetings all,I have been searching online for the latest version of FFS and have only found v0.4 here at the AVSIM Library,I am unable to use this version and can only assume IE9 is older than the required IE5.5 or higher (LOL)yet after searching archived pages online, it seems the last released version was v0.8I have been unable to find a DL site for this version, or any version after the 0.4 release, and I hope someone here can point me in the right direction or maybe upload a newer version to the AVSIM Library (if permissions allow for it)Thanks and safe flyingSteve

Hello Steve.If you are referring to the "Dexter flight company" setup, I think that is not possible to do. There was some years ago addons with the time limit DEXTER COFA addon for flight 3.Trial versions with about 3 months limit each of them.Arrest me if I am wrong.All in all 3 versions made for creating your own flight company with all logs and pay logs for fuel/passengers during several flights.Almost like fspassengers made for fs2004.I have not any spare backups for it. and I do not know any updates for the software.Best regards.Lars Peter..

Hi Steve,There is FSS version 07 in my FU3 zip folder :-)2 zipsfss_v07.zip 7.8MB and fss_v07_1.zip 24KB as a small update of the fist.If you are interested contact me by email, see www.agtim.ch as referenceIf AVSIM will, I can upload the zips to the libraryBest regards and good flights during 2012 to allAndre

To make it working you will have to modify start.htm and main.htm of the client folder in FSS.The jscript in start.htm do the check of the browser version.<script language = JScript>function start(){ location.href="main.htm";} if(clientInformation.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE 5.5") > 0) { }else if(1 > 0) // with this it will work for all browsers { }else if(clientInformation.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE 6.0b") > 0) { }else if(clientInformation.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE 6.0") > 0) { }else { document.location.href = "badIE.htm"; }</script> the jscript in main.htm is checking the validation date.<script language = JScript>var myPlane;function init(){ // freshnessCheck(); <-- this is the validation check inactivated by // myPlane = new aircraft(); nFlightsManager = new flightsManagerObj(); airportManager = new airportManagerObj(); sFlightManager = new specialOpsManagerObj(); storeManager = new storeManagerObj(); myPlane.init(); syncWorldTime(); setInterval('syncWorldTime()',60000 * 15); setTimeout('loadWorld()',1); //webInit();}//towToFBO()//onclick="gotoAirportScreen(myPlane.airport)"function shakeIt(e,t){ shaker.targetElement = e.uniqueID; shaker.to = t; shaker.beginElement();}</script> This alone is not all, you must set an application path to FU3 in the registry if not there. The original installation of LG is doing this but if you move the FU3 folder then it's the wrong path and FU3 will not start.This is my path for FU3:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsFLIGHT3.EXE]@="F:Flight3flight3.exe""path"="F:Flight3" Version 07 of FSS has a well done pdf tutorial.The development was stalled since long :-( but Dexter Cofa did a huge coding work and menus remembering the start menu of FU2.All jscript in htm and js are encoded, but using the online tool http://www.greymagic.com/security/tools/decoder/ and pasting the encoded text into the window you will see the decoded jscript. Then you can replace the encoded script by the opened script and modify it.By this way it will be possible to bring this excellent challenge back to life :-)...more questions ?good luckAndre

Hey guys,Sorry for the late reply, i've been offline a few days.Thanks for the replies and taking time to provide info.I will look into that script you provided Andre and see how i go.Thanks again!!Steve

I remember that it wasn't just browser specific (Internet Explorer) but even IE version specific. For this reason I ignored it at the time. I'll look into the "open" version.

Edited by Hans_Petter

I have version Fss_v04. When I start a job (clicking the "To Aircraft" button on the DFx window) my Piper is on the ground gears up so no way of completing. Could you all advise me on a fix?If I start a flt at OLM normally without Dfx with the Piper, all is ok: Gears down, aircraft is at the parking ramp ready for takeoff.I'm thinking maybe this can be corrected in the Script.txt but am unsure.If you guys like nice pleasant music to play inflgiht put title.wmv in the inflight_music folder. If you have WinXp the file is in your windowssystem32oobeimages folder. Open the FlightUnliited3 console with the tilde key ` and type this exactly mtitle.wmv. The letter m is command for music.You all take care,jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Well, my Piper was crashing because I failed to add challenge cheat to my Flt3.cfg as instructed by the FSS readme. :rolleyes:Things I note FSS_v.04:-It takes a bit for FSS to acknowledge command start flight plan.-At OLM always fines me for not staying on taxiway(50.00 fine per offence) even though I have alt+F12 to ensure I follow the taxi instructions.-When I land at McChord, it doesn't acknowledge as stated it should in the FSS readme.-The info when displayed on screen does not display long enough.-When I entered command end flight plan at McChord FSS worked fine by closing Flt3 and showing its Welcome to McChord fbo screen.-Shame on me for cheating: The piper didn't have autopilot or that handy hdg knob. So I edited the Script.txt to renegade.-Shame on me for cheating again. I had to remove certain weather files to prevent nasty storms from being selected.FSS is every bit as fun as I remember. A new added challenge for me now is to have successful flights to get my bank back in the green because of those peculiar taxi violations. Now to look into FSS_v.07 and get it working.jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

When after FSS Challenge start you don't see taxiway lines and you can't speak to ground ( Message: move to the airport first !?!? )Just exit FU3, restart it , select FSS Challenge again and then taxilines will be visible and you can enter start command.Don't take a flight to Wasserman - this is a one way flight :-) The runway is not recognized by FSS and so you get taxi too fast when you try to start.cheats are necessary for this unfinished game, you must know the parking spot location in advance to minimize fines, I takes the Mooney to be quicker at the destination and for the autopilot too :-)Andre