Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boeing247

Can't keep Advanced Animations Checked

Hello, I noticed today that wing flex wasn't displaying on some aircraft, and sure enough, when I looked at the settings, "Advanced Animations" was unchecked. Thus, I re-checked it and then closed FSX so I could set the LOD Radius value back to where I keep it (which of course is reset down to 4.5 when you modify settings). However, when I re-opened FSX, I found that it was still unchecked. At first I thought this might have been caused by FSX Booster, which I use, but when I closed FSX and reopened it without closing and reopening FSX Booster or saving its settings (which causes FSX booster to modify the fsx.cfg file). However, my setting for Advanced Animations had still been overridden. What's going on? (and what is the variable for advanced animations in the fsx.cfg file, too. That might help.)Thanks,boeing247

-Bram Osterhout

I believe it is SKINNED_ANIMATIONS under [DISPLAY] section but not 100% sure. Please check, if fsx.cfg is not read only and FSX did not crash when exited.

Bartłomiej Ender

Sometimes when I close FSX, it closes normally, but my computer remains on Windows Vista Basic (instead of windows aero, which it switches from when FSX opens to save memory) for a little then a box pops up saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working" even though I myself closed it. Perhaps that's causing the fsx.cfg file to not save.

-Bram Osterhout

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now