Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

can someone confirm

That only JAX5 shows up in the FMC at KJAX for a departure? I just noticed that all other sids have vanished....Thanks.

Try accessing the KJAX text file in your airac folder within the PMDG folder within FSX. Whatever´s written there is what counts. Most likely an honest mistake from someone over at Navigraph in a recent cycle. If that´s the case after you report it they should fix it for the next update

Just confirmed the one departure by looking at the file KJAX.txt in the fsx/pmdg/SIDSTARS folder.However, there should be the SAWGY1 departure (SAWGY1.OMN), which is pretty much fly rwy heading and expect vectors to CRG then diect SAWGY then OMN.I suspect they didn´t include this departure procedure because of a small problem that we encounter when writing the SID instructions in the text files used by the FMS. The way these files are written does not allow for any other command to follow the 'vectors' command. Since 'Vectors' in pretty much the first command they´d write down in this SID, you can´t complete the rest of the instructions for the FMS to follow. If Jacksonville is an airport that you fly regularly out of and ATC is always clearing you via that departure then I can try to write this procedure myself using a few workarounds, but there´s gonna be a bit of a compromise. (for example I could make the plane climb away on rwy heading for say, 5 miles and then turn direct to CRG then SAWGY then OMN - but this wouldn´t be the same as getting (vectors) as an active route leg in your FMC)Another workaround would be to simply load up the JAX5 departure procedure and after vectors input the following waypoints in the legs page:CRG, then SAWGY, then OMN. Don´t forget the altitude restrictions. It´s been literally years since I last wrote up an AIRAC procedure, so I might be wrong and nowadays there is a way to input instructions after commading the acft to follow vectos, however I really don´t think that´s the case.

Ya, thank you. I actually made a note for when I depart, those will be manually typed in by me now I guess. Not a real big deal, but I am going to shoot them a ticket just the same, maybe it was intentional, maybe not.Thanks for the heads up and checking it out for me!

It´s been literally years since I last wrote up an AIRAC procedure, so I might be wrong and nowadays there is a way to input instructions after commading the acft to follow vectos, however I really don´t think that´s the case.
Same for me <hehe>. It was for the NG in FS9, as far as I remember - till mid of December. However, there was a tutorial how to write such files but a recent search did not bring up anything new. At least I did not find something. Is there any document available containing at least the syntax and the context related restrictions? I'm not using Navigraph up to now and would be interested to do some editing myself (I started with EDDF (Frankfurt) and its new runway and it took quite a while before the first STAR was borne...

Regards,
Axel

I suspect they didn´t include this departure procedure because of a small problem that we encounter when writing the SID instructions in the text files used by the FMS. The way these files are written does not allow for any other command to follow the 'vectors' command. Since 'Vectors' in pretty much the first command they´d write down in this SID, you can´t complete the rest of the instructions for the FMS to follow.
That's not true though - you can do something like KEEP HDG VECTORS FIX CRG FIX SAWGY FIX OMN and that'll result in a (VECTOR) waypoint on runway heading indefinitely and then the other fixes after it. You have to manually go direct to one of the others to get out of the (VECTOR) leg, but that's always going to be the case, the plane can't possibly know where the ATC instruction is going to happen.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

William, no need to submit a ticket. Not to PMDG anyway. It´s Navigraph´s fault. But now that Ryan has corrected me (there´s no need for a workaround) I can write down the procedure for you and you can just insert the text into your KJAX.txt and have the new DP available. I´ll try to get it done tonight. No promises though.

Hey that would be great. Thank you so much, and ya, I wasn't going to bother PMDG with it, I was talking about a ticket to Navigraph...but after I thought about it...I am sure they are working hard on other things than to notice or care about my home airport....