Sign in to follow this  
Chann

AS2012 wind speed indication

HiJust purchased AS2012. I have a registered FSUIPC 4.754 and PMDG 737 NGXJust did my first test flight all above London (well EGKK) and I had mega_shok.gif Knt winds at 14000' in the sim, and 105 Knts at FL300. Yet only 12 knts on the ground.My question, is there anywhere in AS2012 where I can see the actual downloaded wind speeds at altitude? I know the METAR and TAF are available but they only give surface winds, and I am looking to check my sim against the real world.I have FSUIPC weather OFF and DMC enabled in AS2012.Many thanksLeslie

Yes, go to the Flightplan page in AS. After entering a flightplan, scroll the bottom half of the screen (with the metar data strings) down to the winds-aloft statements, one listed for each of the waypoints in your flightplan, columnated by various FL's. You can also use the "Refresh" button at the bottom of this screen to update the metar info throughout the flight - although the upper-level winds do not routinely change from one update to the next.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks Jordan, that is exactly what I was after. What are the numbers in brackets though? Temp ?

Edited by Chann

It's the temperature in degees C at each altitude, which is important for engine peformance calculations in some advance FMC's.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE