Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

RealAir Turbine Duke Throttle Setup Help

I just recently bought the Turbine Duke. So far, it's a fnatastic aircraft but I was hoping for some advice setting the throttles up. There are no RealAir support forums that I could find, so I thought I'd try here. Here's what I'm hoping go figure out. I have 2 seperate throttle axes programmed through FSUIPC on my Saitek quadrant. I've calibrated these and checked the box that says "no reverse zone".What I don't know how to address is what to do with beta thrust. Currently with no reverse zone I get in to beta thrust when the throttles click to idle. Not full reverse, just beta. Problem is that any throttle movement brings me out of beta and in rapidly in to standard thrust. This makes taxing very difficult with an almost binary event for beta on or idle thrust. It's also difficult as I'm retarding the throttles in the flare to have the engines go in to beta while airborne.So how do some of the experts on this bird recommend programming these axes? I feel like I'd rather just take beta out of the axes and use the good old "press and hold F2" for reverse, but am open to suggestions on an efficient way to manage this.

Eric Szczesniak

I have the same set up as you and this is what I have, it's not exactly what you want but it works for me.I have the axis "button" (the one that gets pressed when you go past the idle detent) set up to rapidly decrease throttle repeatedly. When the "button" is released, i.e throttle to idle, it is set to the idle throttle command (F1). This is good for when I land and need to add reverse throttle, then take it back to idle. Yes it does snap to idle unrealistically, but that's the best I could do. Then, I have the rocker buttons underneath the throttle set up to increase and decrease throttle incementally (without repeating). I use this for taxiing. If you or anyone else has a better idea I'd definitely open to it.

Noah Bryant