Sign in to follow this  
Pilot267

Need Help with FPS Limiter!

OK. So I finally decided to see what FPS limiter 0.2 could do for me while using the NGX. My system is pretty decent and I get pretty good frames now , but I was reading about the advantages in setting FSX to unlimited and using FPS limiter set at 30FPS. So I followed the instructions, pointed to the FSX root directory and created the .bat file, only I didint know where the .bat file was created, so I searched for it and when I found it I think I made a mistake in dragging it onto my desktop, as there was no option when right clicking to create a shortcut. So bottom line, the fsx.exe.limited file is on my desktop and when I click on it I get a really quick flash of a command prompt screen, and it doesnt start FSX.Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?Thanks,

OK, I figured it figured out and it worked, It started up, it loaded FSX, etc... But even though I locked my frames at 30FPS when I created the bat file, When I click shift+z inside FSX it says my frames are low 20's??? If I switch to windowed mode, I get frames in the mid to upper 30's , but I don't want to run in windowed mode, and besides, I was getting mid 30's FPS in full screen mode WITHOUT FPS limiter. So , am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong here?

http://www.kegetys.net/misc/ Antilag. Try it. It does a much better job of maintaining the limit. If using ENB Seriesa post of mine in these forums explained how to use them both together. (I don't recommend using ENB as it introduces instability)Where are you getting low 20s? Your hardware should allow for more than that, but I'm betting 100% UT2 and an add on airport is the culprit. Don't expect miracles, even with strong hardware!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Zach,Actually I haveUT2, but don't have it installed currently. I did a fresh re-install of everything last week and only have the bare essentials installed right now which is for me GEX, UTX, EZdok, and AS2012 ( and of course the NGX). Just prior to installing FPS limiter tonight, I loaded the NGX at a gate at KSEA and was getting mid to high 30's FPS ( Full screen ) with all sliders except water ( & traffic) maxed out. After FPS limiter, at the same gate low 20's (full screen). As for ENB series, I was using it, but it was unstable, so I got rid of it.

Latest Nvidia drivers have an integrated limiter - instructions are in my Nvidia settings thread in the general forum - use that!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,Quick question, I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and the latest version of inspector and I read your post in the general forum. In my Nvidia control panel, what do I set the image settings to? Let app decide, or my preference empasizing quality / performance?Thanks again for your help.