Sign in to follow this  
gliderdriver

Question for Zoolander - about DTP?

Hello ZoolanderI read elsewhere on this forum about your Teamspeak3/DTP server and wonder if you would please tell me...... Does your FSHost server enable pilots to see other aircraft accurately, i.e. the correct type of aircraft, and are 'model-sets' required for that, as we do at VATSIM?Many thanks and best wishes,

Greetings GliderDriver,Thanks for reaching out with your question.FSHost tries to match the same model that you may have installed on your system. If not, I think the default Cessna 172 is used. A feature of FSHost is that you can right-click, from the FSHost client, an aviator and set their aircraft to anything you like. Ex: If they are in the Aerosoft Beaver, and you do not own that aircraft, you can set it to the FSX Beaver. As far as a download pack, we have not searched out for one as the "right-click airplane select" method has been close enough.Now with that being said, we have been using 90% of the time a dedicated FSX MP server for over a month now, instead of the FSHost. We still have the dedicated FSHost available for those with FS9 that want to fly with FSX folks. The FSX MP has worked out well, as we have been able to add formation flying and aerobatics to the calendar. In fact, I am toying with the idea of setting up a second FSX MP dedicated server with the time offset 12 hours, so folks can fly at anytime in daylight.I hope this answers your question. Drop on into our TeamSpeak and I can walk you through all the MP options, good points and bad. It is always nice to chat with folks one on one.

-Todd

Phil, If you are really interested in flying in the company of others & want to have fun then DTP is hard to beat. Lots of group flights to choose from, Canada, US, Oz + Treasure hunts etc etc